• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can fuel leak lead to stalling??

bigboyslimjimbo

NAXJA Forum User
my 88 jeep wagoneer 4.0 litre has been stalling randomly after running in traffic for a little bit..and i could not find wat was wrong with it. well tonight i found that i think one of my fuel injectors maybe leakin and my engine reaks of gas. could these to issues be corelated???? im just confused on why my jeep is stalling out.

I don't know that a leaking injector would cause the stall unless it is robbing fuel from the rest of the rail of injectors- I think it would depend on which injector it is. After I changed my exhaust manifold I failed to firmly seat the electrical connector on the #2 injector resulting in no fuel to that cylinder. I did not stall, but it ran like crap- I only went two blocks though. I think you would notice the engine missing, it wouldn't sound right- kinda like the timing is really outta whack.
just my .02 though
I would certainly get the injector o-rings replaced asap though.

Back