• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What happened (misfire #1)

maybe2fast

NAXJA Forum User
Well I installed the LT1 injectors and the Jeep never ran better (1 week).

the other night I got out of school and was talking on the phone so I started the Jeep and let it idle for 15 minutes and then drove it across campus and then idled again for under 10 minutes. I then was ready to continue on my way home and put it in drive and hit the gas and a dead miss revealed itself. I checked for spark...yes. I checked for injector pulse...yes

WTF. I then assumed it was a bad injector since I just put used ones in, right? Well, I just got in from replacing the LT1 injector with another injector from my set of 8. Started it up and same...dead miss on cylinder #1.

I am stumped. Don't tell me its the cam...

you could have a vac. leak at the seal of the injector. check the o rings. if you dont put them in perfect they leak and misfire... i have the same problem with mine, i replaced the o rings and its better, but still not fixed.

yup the center electrode falls out:banghead: then it starts miss firing:firedevil this only happens on B P's as far as I know, never seen it on any other plug

Back