• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hotels?

Hotel Attica. Interesting old place, downtown close to the bars, cheap rooms. Bar and restaurant in the hotel. I think I paid $55 for one night there for a 2-room with a 3rd bed.

w_howey said:
Still hoping for the new Hampton Inn Attica.........

I'm not going to hold my breath.

I've never been to the badlands and I was hoping I could get some real world opinions on one or the other.

One of them is supposedly haunted. I don't recall which one though. Rev would likely know.

Hale

We stay at the Attica Inn ( http://www.theatticainn.com/ )

other then the fact that is is essentially 4 trailers bolted together with carpet as a structural member....it ain't bad. The floors move a little as you walk down the halls, but it is clean...and the showers are hot. They have plenty of parking for trailers also.

Rev

I called and made reservations this morning at the Attica Inn. For 2 nights (Fri & Sat) with the discount for Badlands customers it came to $152.64 I did not think it was that bad, especially for the fact I want a bed to sleep in after driving 10 hours straight to get there! The gal that I taklked to said they had not had any reservations as of yet for that weekend and did not sound too worried about getting booked up.

Rev Den said:

other then the fact that is is essentially 4 trailers bolted together with carpet as a structural member....it ain't bad. The floors move a little as you walk down the halls, but it is clean...and the showers are hot. They have plenty of parking for trailers also.

Rev

Looks like this is the one then.

RedHeep said:
I'm not going to hold my breath.

I've never been to the badlands and I was hoping I could get some real world opinions on one or the other.

I've stayed in both. Hence the reason I'm still hoping for the Hampton.....

Both are over-priced for what you get, but with no competition what would you expect.

This is the hotel I will be staying in:

HPIM0702.jpg

:D :D

Pat said:
$55 total per night for 2 people is overpriced?

I hope to stay in the "Big Easy"
Rev Den said:

Rev

Rev is being a bit generous with his description.....
But, in other places with more competition. I've paid less for a better room.

Hotel Attica is my personal choice if I'm hotelling it in Attica. It's actually pretty nice considering how old it is. It is locally owned and last year the owner was on site. Being as old as it is some of the rooms do not have their own showers and you share one down the hall. It's a nice shower though so it's not as bad as it sounds. Some rooms do have private showers though so if you book early and want your own shower it's not a problem. I thought the price there last year was an exceptional deal. I don't remember exactly what we paid but I think it was around 1/2 what the Attica Inn was charging. The only problem for us was that Hotel Attica does not allow pets which presented a problem for us. Other than that I think it's a good place to have a warm bed for a good price.

This year because the CG is going to be available I'll be staying at the International Hotel.

B

Pat said:
Hotel Attica is supposed to be the haunted one, I believe.

I was there about 6 years ago before I found out how cool XJs are when I blew my YJ up at the Badlands. Some nice Jeepers helped me get my Heep back to the parking lot and then I stayed over at the hotel for a few nights and did some wheeling with them in their XJ/YJs. I wouldn't be too afraid of that place, there aren't a lot of hotel/motel options close to the park.

There is a nice bed and breakfast a few blocks away from the park which is not too expensive.

I hope to see you guys in one of my XJs. :gee:

Troy

Back