• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lawrence Liang Missing?

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
I'm passing this along because its very important. Our friend Lawrence Liang is missing.

Here was Andy Steiner's email from another group:
Just got a call from Lawrence's wife. He left the house last night and has not been seen since. Did not show up for work this morning. He lives in Rialto and drives a white Cherokee. Tried to call her back but realized too late that she called from a phone with caller ID blocked. She called from Lawrence's cell phone and was trying to contact everyone in his phonebook is case anybody saw him. I don't have his cell number, only his work number, so I can't call her back. I told her I would post up.

I'm not sure what the status is but please keep your eyes open for a White pre-runner style XJ. I believe its on 33s. He works at Parts Plus in Moreno Valley I believe but used to live in Fontana. I'll try to find pics of his rig.

If anyone has seen him in the last couple of days, please post up. I have his cell phone number but he apparently left it at home.

Crap. Let's hope there's a simple explanation.

Damn, hopefully everything turns out ok, gambling binge in vegas? I hate to hear about stuff like this unless it has a happy ending, best of luck! Anybody have current pics of the rig?

Last edited:
Hey guys,

This is RisingSun's brother. yeah that use to be my old XJ.

I have the VIN# and License if someone needs it. I don't really want to spam it on the forums but if someone wants to hit me up via email I'll gladly give it to you if it'll help.

Hit me up at [email protected]

Hope everything is cool with him.

It is a white 94 XJ, 8.8 rear, 6" lift, home brew longarm kit up front, i removed the fender flares and cut the fronts. I'm not sure how much more he modified it but i though i'd throw that out there too.

-Casey

Does anybody know where he would normally wheel? The kind of place he'd be likely to go by to check out when bored?

I, for one, would gladly be part of a search party if necessary.

Sequoia

for gods sake if someone sees him in JV make him call his wife!

i too would be down for a search party, if someone has an idea of where he might be, god forbid hes flopped somewhere alone.

GrimmJeeper said:
god forbid hes flopped somewhere alone.

That is my thought. If it's Holy Jim's Canyon or Big Bear I'd be willing to head out this evening and do some searching as I know those areas pretty well, I'd do Santiago (is it open?) as well.

Other locations I'd prefer to have at least one other person with me, preferably who has been there before if I'm going to go at night.

Tried calling his cell (which I guess his wife has) to ask for more info but no answer. I left my number.

GSequoia said:
That is my thought. If it's Holy Jim's Canyon or Big Bear I'd be willing to head out this evening and do some searching as I know those areas pretty well, I'd do Santiago (is it open?) as well.

Other locations I'd prefer to have at least one other person with me, preferably who has been there before if I'm going to go at night.
i cant head out that far till saturday around 2pm. but i am up for it if you are G, let me know if you get a lead on where he might be. i have a couple big spotlights, and i dont mind spending all night looking for him. i know i would want someone looking for me if i was out there.

GrimmJeeper said:
i cant head out that far till saturday around 2pm. but i am up for it if you are G, let me know if you get a lead on where he might be. i have a couple big spotlights, and i dont mind spending all night looking for him. i know i would want someone looking for me if i was out there.

I'll keep you in the loop but I kinda doubt that it'd be as late as Saturday afternoon as the APB went out yesterday, that would be stretching it a bit (one of the reasons I was goign to go out this evening if nobody has gone out yet).

If he is still not found and it is likely that he went wheeling (and I have a list of likely places) I may go out searching this weekend instead of JV.

Just got off the phone with his wife Carisa. He's been found and all I can say is that he will be okay. He's recovering in the hospital now. Found by CHP in San Bernadino. Was not wheeling. Please don't call his cell anymore. This is a very personal matter. When Lawrence is fully recovered he might let everyone know what happened.

Carisa was very greatful for all our concern, and she would like to thank everyone for caring so much about Lawrence.

Laters

corbinafly said:
Just got off the phone with his wife Carisa. He's been found and all I can say is that he will be okay. He's recovering in the hospital now. Found by CHP in San Bernadino. Was not wheeling. Please don't call his cell anymore. This is a very personal matter. When Lawrence is fully recovered he might let everyone know what happened.

Carisa was very greatful for all our concern, and she would like to thank everyone for caring so much about Lawrence.

Laters

Awesome! Prayers for him to heal quickly and get back to his wife!

Back