• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 starting trouble

Ben824

NAXJA Forum User
So in the past couple of days the Jeep has had issues with starting. It started out as not often and now it has got to the point where it does it almost everytime if the jeep has been sittting for even just a few minutes. It will not start unless I give it a little gas not much but I have to touch the gas pedal. Now here is where it gets weird. The Jeep has the Viper 791 XV alarm with remote start and when I do the remote start it will start up near perfectly occasionally sputtering a little bit when starting but still starting. Any ideas? I did have an issue back around the week of the labor day weekend where the jeep started but funny idled high after starting and stumbled when accelerating into traffic and then died at a stop light and after a while of trying for a about 10-15 minutes I finally got it to start and the problem hasn't come back since. I still took it into a shop and the shop said they couldn't get it to re-create the problem but they said they thought it could have to do with the fuel pump. So maybe it has something to do with the fuel pump on its way out? I mean the Jeep is a 97 with 155,000 miles on it

Back