• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control Arm Lengths WITH Drop Brackets?

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone got some numbers for a 5.5" lift with drop brackets?

Yes, I searched the forum, I also searched the web, but I came up with 6 different charts. Someone just tell me what worked for them so I don't have to compare them all and average the numbers. :D

check Yuccaman's website... he's got a chart--- a good chart. It worked well for me. Eitherway you'll need an aligment and have to set the caster accordingly.

Yup, got his. Except the 5" LCA field is blank for some reason. But I suppose I could figure between 15.875 and 16 for 5". But I'm at 5.5' so it's between that and that :D.

So you're being picky about a 1/16th of an inch? :) I don't think that large of a difference will make much difference. Theres way more then that much adjustment in the factory caster adjuster...

My thinking is this: If the RE brackets drop the frame end of your LCAs 4", then it is as if you have only lifted it (as far as your caster settings are concerned) 1.5" if you sit at 5.5 total.
The adjustable LCAs are to adjust for front-back spacing in the wheel well and also for caster. Dropping the LCAs on frame side should account for both by flattening the angle of the LCA relative to the ground.
Therefore, adjust your LCAs length as if you had lifted 1.5"
If I'm missing anything, somebody please let me know. I love a good education.
And, yes, align your front end for toe. gojeep has a writeup - pretty easy, really.

Back