• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lunchbox locker questions

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Will be doing a front & rear (aussie locker) install soon, and want to have my ducks in a row. Both are going into new open carriers.

I know lock-rite sells a hardened cross-pin for the 30... is one available for the 44 also, or is it not neccesary?

Thrust washers... I vaguely remember rebuilding the EZ locker in my old 30, and seems like ya retain the two thrust washers (that reside beside the side gears in an open diff configuration...) these need to go in before the lunchbox locker halves, yes?

Thanks

Woody

Search!

:kissyou:

On my 30 the hardened crossshaft did not fit so i just reused my old one. Hasn't been a problem.

Ramsey said:
Search!

:kissyou:

On my 30 the hardened crossshaft did not fit so i just reused my old one. Hasn't been a problem.

Search??? :viking: don't make me turn you into a frog!

I will probably reuse the pin & washers from the 30... but will need new stuff for the 44... just doing homework at this point

Woody,

There is a hardened cross shaft available for the 44, I just can't remember where I got mine. I did an Aussie front and Lockrite rear (Aussies for the 44 were backordered for 5 weeks or so) and I bought hardened shafts for both.

The thrust washers MUST be retained and re-installed in the side of the carrier they were removed from.

Ths should help with those pesky questions http://www.offroadlockers.com/display/Manual_d.pdf It really is a superior lunchbox in my book.

Good Luck

HTH

Back