• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical issues

Serveck

NAXJA Forum User
i have yet another problem with my heep (as always) except this time its something that im not good in, electrical. the first issue is my parking lights, thet simply do not work. my headlights and turn signals work fine. every time i go to replace the fuse (even 5A over) it blows almost immediately. where are comon places to look for a short?

the second problem is my wipers, i turn the switch and nothing, not even the sprayers work. is there a fuse connected to this as well (i could not find it).

third, my friend is having the same problem i had a while ago, a busted alternator, however, it has been replaced before and putting a multimeter on it, it was a full 14.2V output. we beleive it is the battery is the issue, but unless this is not the case, what else should we check for?

thanks, im not very good in car electronics so this can be very frustrating for me.

sorry for the bump, but in regards of my friends jeep, the old battery was only putting out 87CCA, replaced the battery and it fired right up. however, hitting a bump the lights got REAL bright and the voltage meter just spiked, is this a regulator issue or is it something loose? thanks

Back