• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar mounts with goferit flip

BUMP.gif

The factory mounts will not work. You will have to cut the old mounts off and weld in a set of longer ones. I ordered a set of JKS ones for less than $50. I used the 2" extended ones and they worked well. I didnt realize that the mounts interfered untill after I already drilled my knuckles and welded in the bushings. I had to go without a front swaybar for a few days while the new ones were being shipped. I can snap some pictures tommorrow if you want.

Here is how my axle looked when I bought it. Tera OTK, JKS trackbar relo and different swaybar mounts. Yes I know the disco isn't fully on the mount. I am getting ready to cut this extention thing off since I don't run a front swaybar on my new rig.

HPIM0827.jpg

I appreciate the responses. I put the flip on mine, (driver side only) and just cut the lower mount off the axle.

Picture103.jpg

We have another XJ that we want to do, but he wants to keep his sway bar. He is running a Rusty's tie-rod, so it is quite a bit larger than the factory one...

Mine barely misses where the tracbar originally mounted. With the 1.25 OD tie rod, wj knuckles at full lock to the right it would have normally hit but I cut half of that stuff off so it wouldnt hit.

PB140510.jpg

Back