• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lizard Bumper Installed

gagamaggot

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a new Rock Lizard front bumper this past weekend.

I sprayed it with two cans of Duplicolor PR4 match and one can of Clear Coat. I think it looks pretty good for a $15 paint job.

My best tip - A Workmate bench was the perfect height to support the bumper while I lined-up all the holes.

What would I do differently - I wish I had replaced the Aluminium spacer on the steering gear while I had it unmounted.
Before

2002021610_036380e62a.jpg

After

2002019350_d1e02422a1_o.jpg

2001220427_8f67b323e2_o.jpg

Cheers,

James

Last edited:
that looks really nice.... I plan on making my own bumper and incorporating all the steering box bolts. Where would you suggest getting a replacement aluminum spacer for the gear box?

J-Roc said:
that looks really nice.... I plan on making my own bumper and incorporating all the steering box bolts. Where would you suggest getting a replacement aluminum spacer for the gear box?

If you're going to "make" your own bumper you should be able to make a spacer. Three holes in a piece of flat stock shape it accordingly and you are done.

looks good, very clean. :)

i run the same bumper, but with the hoop on the front; i love it. :)

So what dod you guys do with the airbag sensors and such when you install a bumper such as this. I know that ARBs are able to work wit them but they cost so much

jdurbach said:
So what dod you guys do with the airbag sensors and such when you install a bumper such as this. I know that ARBs are able to work wit them but they cost so much

AFAIK, the control module is in the passenger compartment. Maybe ARB's claims are for the Toyota more than Jeep.

It could also be that ARB has to worry about that stuff more since their bumper weighs more than twice as much as this one.

bizkit642 said:
You need a rear bumper now!

Time to trim also ;)

-Andrew

I have been looking at the Detours Slimline rear bumper w/ carrier. Is that the JCR you have?

I'll trim as needed, but the only place I rub was those extensions hanging off the front bumper. The Rock Lizard took care of that.

I bought one of those to, but while instaling it i broke the aluminum spacer plate and a bolt, called ALL dealerships and parts stores here and no one had a spacer plate, so i eneded up buying big galivinized washers and they did the trick. I probally gonna have to buy that c-rok one to replace the washers so i know its safer, so far no problems with the washers. Buy the way i have the bumper on a 95 cherokee not a 97+ for once, i'll get better pics sometime tomorrow. I needed to drive immediatly so i had to do something till i can get a real spacer, in the mail .
DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF00052.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

Last edited:
gagamaggot said:
I have been looking at the Detours Slimline rear bumper w/ carrier. Is that the JCR you have?

I'll trim as needed, but the only place I rub was those extensions hanging off the front bumper. The Rock Lizard took care of that.

It's homebuilt :roll: :D

-Andrew

Back