• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last minute work on Wed eve

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I will be installing my HD steering on Wed evening. I have a few minor things to do as well - change oil, adjust pinion angle, fix driver's side front bumpstop, reinstall front driveshaft and tranny/t-case skid.

This is in prep for JV!

I will be starting around 5:30 ish. Anyone can come by and help out or point and laugh...

I have one commitment so far.

My address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, 92630.

Post up or come on over....

I will provide food and drink! Of course, pizza and beer/soda. I have some Fat Tire and Corona....

Yeah.....I'll be right over!

:rolleyes:

What is up with all this last minute prep work?
I decided to replace a power steering line because it looked wet...
but some of you are building entire new rigs in the last week.

:nono:

Jump This said:
Yeah.....I'll be right over!

:rolleyes:

What is up with all this last minute prep work?
I decided to replace a power steering line because it looked wet...
but some of you are building entire new rigs in the last week.

:nono:

I believe you spent several weeks really building your rig!!! :twak:

Actually, it wasn't supposed to be ast minute. The shipping got messed up on my steering. it was supposed have been her last Friday. I was going to do all of this yesterday. The other stuff is minor and should only take a coupel of hours max. I am actually starting on it tomorrow night - oil change and a few other things. The steering is the big thing.

I feel like such a slacker since all I have left to do is pack clothes and food I might even lube the trailer axels for the first time ever since my dad purchased it about 40000 miles ago. If i were closer id come by and help you on your steering but my wrenching abilities are getting less and less the more back and knee issues pop up, Im even debating this being my last wheeling adventure!

Gerr said:
I feel like such a slacker since all I have left to do is pack clothes and food I might even lube the trailer axels for the first time ever since my dad purchased it about 40000 miles ago. If i were closer id come by and help you on your steering but my wrenching abilities are getting less and less the more back and knee issues pop up, Im even debating this being my last wheeling adventure!

Thanks Dan. I hate doign things last minute, but the cards just fell that way this time.

I hate to hear about your back and knees. I woudl also hate for this to be your last adventure. You have been involved in so many things and helped so many folks. I hope there is treatment or surgery fix for it. Take care of it and I will see you Sat!

rpraterxj said:
Hey gang,

I will be installing my HD steering on Wed evening. I have a few minor things to do as well - change oil, adjust pinion angle, fix driver's side front bumpstop, reinstall front driveshaft and tranny/t-case skid.

This is in prep for JV!

I will be starting around 5:30 ish. Anyone can come by and help out or point and laugh...

I have one commitment so far.

My address is 25251 Arder Court, Lake Forest, 92630.

Post up or come on over....
I'll be there
I will provide food and drink! Of course, pizza and beer/soda. I have some Fat Tire and Corona....
Since I have a long drive back and I try not to drink and drive... can you have some brisk lemon ice tea in the coolre as well? Thanks.

rpraterxj said:
I hate doign things last minute, but the cards just fell that way this time.

!

I know what you mean Robert....

This week i need finish my 44....truss,spring perches,shock mounts, gear install & set up,brakes and throw it in. Plus fix my leaking front ARB, fit CTM's, 30 spline outers and new unit bearings.

$hit, i hope i get it all done...... I think i need to take a day off work.:D

Kejtar said:
Since I have a long drive back and I try not to drink and drive... can you have some brisk lemon ice tea in the coolre as well? Thanks.

Thanks Remi!

Will do! Lipton Brisk Tea. Is that the plain, with lemon, or raspberry?

GrimmJeeper said:
i'll try and make this one to lend a pair of hands, i'll drink all the beer that remi would have :D

Cool! See you then!

nice to see the less is more attitude go into a build. I for one have way to much weight in my yj it needs a diet.

Robert, it isnt so much that surgery is needed its that surgery was done and ive continued to not take care of my self(working on that though, being married now is definatly helping me realize what i was doing to my self, even thinking of getting stomach surgery to get rid of my ulcer and loose some weight), and seeing as how all I do at work is wrench all day at work by the time the weekend rolls around im in enough "discomfort" as my doctor puts it ( I call it pain when I cant hold a pen, tie my shoes, or lay on my back without the muscles spasiming and cramping up)all I want is to sit in a coma till monday when my lame ass job starts again

mattyj said:
I know what you mean Robert....

This week i need finish my 44....truss,spring perches,shock mounts, gear install & set up,brakes and throw it in. Plus fix my leaking front ARB, fit CTM's, 30 spline outers and new unit bearings.

$hit, i hope i get it all done...... I think i need to take a day off work.:D
Matt, if you need a hand let me know. I only have a few things to do to my junk so I should be able to lend a hand.

Hey guys,

If you are planning on coming or even thinking about, please give me a call before you head down.

I am going to try to come home at lunch and get started. Remi will be in the area much earlier than originally planned and he will come by and help me with the steering.

We may start as early as 2:30 or 3:00.

So please give me a call 714-319-7135 to see where we are. I would hate for folks to drive down and then have nothing to do....

Thanks!

Kejtar said:
Last time I checked they were all coming for free beer and food :D
last time i checked i counted that as something to do! :D rob i may show up early if you guys are starting around 3 i'll give you a call.

Kejtar said:
Last time I checked they were all coming for free beer and food :D

Well hell, come on down anyways....

We will find something to do...

rpraterxj said:
Hey guys,

If you are planning on coming or even thinking about, please give me a call before you head down.

I am going to try to come home at lunch and get started. Remi will be in the area much earlier than originally planned and he will come by and help me with the steering.

We may start as early as 2:30 or 3:00.

So please give me a call 714-319-7135 to see where we are. I would hate for folks to drive down and then have nothing to do....

Thanks!

Heck if they got nuthin' to do they can head up to my house. I've got plenty for them to do.

Back