• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just when i thought it was safe to go back in the xj...

jstone8952

NAXJA Forum User
boy gets xj. boys girlfriend gets boy 3" lift. boy gets dw. boy gets tc drop and kills dw. now out of nowhere i haved MASSIVE DW and i have no friggin clue where it came from. i was fine as of a week ago and now its scaring the crap out of me. i have an 89 with a 3" rc coil and block kit and a 1" tc drop and 235's. i dont for the life of me understand where the heck this is coming from my trac bar is tight and overything is fine as far as i can tell (although i dont know much of anything about lifts jeeps or the otherwise) do i need a steering stabilizer? new trac bar? :huh:

...boy needs help

TC drop has nothing to do with DW, that's to cure driveline vibrations. DW is usually caused by not enough caster or incorrect toe-in, and can be aggravated by unbalanced tires. Did you get an alignment after the lift?

Last edited:
well after the tc drop i hadnt had dw for about a month and a half. it seriously drove great. i took it out on the interstate on friday and got it up to about 90 and it started vibrating pretty bad but no dw not even on bumps. for some reason now i have it every time i drive. it happened 6 times on my 20 minute drive home. its seriously got to stop... i didnt get an alignment cuz it drove fine. the initial dw was not terible. it was when i hit a curb or really big pothole and it stopped after i slowed down about 5mph. i just odnt understand why it was fine and now its not

Just get an alignment. That's it, just get it done. get money from your girl if you need. the alignment guy should be able to tell if its your tires too.

selarep said:
Just get an alignment. That's it, just get it done. get money from your girl if you need. the alignment guy should be able to tell if its your tires too.
And what new parts you need.

like an adjustable track bar...

rotate your tires too. since you didnt get an alignment after the lift, you were probably toed-in too much....

wow just solved the problem. dont everyone punch me at once but this is why i should take my truck to a shop instead of workin on it with my buddies. i had a friend help me put in the 3" kit and he screwed up the stock track bar mount but he told me hed replace it and put a bolt back in there. it sure was tight, but it was the wrong freakin size. i couldnt figure out why i had an initial knocking when turning but i didnt put two and two together. the bolt was too small and going on the interstate hitting all the friggin bumps at 90 was enough to knock it loose. when i tried to unbolt it it broke in half and fell out. i stuck the right size bolt in there and its fine. i feel retarded. and about the alignment- i currently am running the tires that came with the truck but am getting new ones this weekend and will have them balanced and the truck aligned. i just didnt see the point in wasting the money when it drove fine and i was getting new ones so soon anyway. anyways thanx yall for coming to a noobs rescue. that shit scared me today. thanx

Back