• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires wanted or trade?

glensxj

NAXJA Forum User
looking for a set of 4 cheap rollers for the jeep so i can sell my mtr's dont matter what size just as long as they hold air and have rims with them. Or i would consider a trade for ur tires for mine plus cash on ur part if interested or have rollers send me a pm interested in any tires but MTR'S im tired of dealing with them

glensxj said:
looking for a set of 4 cheap rollers for the jeep so i can sell my mtr's dont matter what size just as long as they hold air and have rims with them. Or i would consider a trade for ur tires for mine plus cash on ur part if interested or have rollers send me a pm interested in any tires but MTR'S im tired of dealing with them

Glen, what size tires and why are you tired of them?

Feel free to gimmie a call

Last edited:
they are 35's and im just tired of mtrs ive replaced 3 of the tires because the side walls are so damn thin i want some creepys :D

glensxj said:
they are 35's and im just tired of mtrs ive replaced 3 of the tires because the side walls are so damn thin i want some creepys :D
Your the 1st I have heard complain about the sidewalls ripping. I have dunlop mud 33's and have never torn or ripped a sidewal. I really want 35's to. HMMMMMMM

In the group I run with, MTRs are notoriously thinly side-walled. We ripped through two BRAND NEW sidewalls in a stretch of a 1/4 mile where my cheapo tires and everyone elses mixed variety went through unscathed. I have a very low opinion of MTRs.

Mdub said:
In the group I run with, MTRs are notoriously thinly side-walled. We ripped through two BRAND NEW sidewalls in a stretch of a 1/4 mile where my cheapo tires and everyone elses mixed variety went through unscathed. I have a very low opinion of MTRs.
I know it is that way with BFG MT but never heard of MTR 3plys getting chewed that fast.

rmarkham2 said:
I know it is that way with BFG MT but never heard of MTR 3plys getting chewed that fast.
between my 33 mtrs and 35's ive probably plugged them about 5-6 times and had too replace 3

ok so they are 35 in tires but what are the other dimentions? Might be interested.

I am not really sure. I know they are goodyear wrangler mtrs size is LT305/70r17. Side walls and beads are in great shape. They are lightly used I would say about 95% of the tread is left. I bought them off a guy that didnt like how they sounded when he drove down the road.

XJ project said:
I am not really sure. I know they are goodyear wrangler mtrs size is LT305/70r17. Side walls and beads are in great shape. They are lightly used I would say about 95% of the tread is left. I bought them off a guy that didnt like how they sounded when he drove down the road.

Actually your tires are 33x12/R17.

Back