• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door hinges

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
The drivers door hinge on my 95 XJ is no good. When I open the door it goes CLICK CLICK and it's not too desirable to hear this evertime the door is opened or shut. I've look on ebay for a new hinge with no luck. Where can I get a replacement ?

are you sure its not the little thing that holds the door open..i had the same poping sound so i disscontcted the arm that holds the doors open and the sound went away...as for hinges maybe try the dealer or a boddy shop since the hing is welded to the body side..

Not that this is what you have, but check the welds and see if they are pulling away from the body. There is a TSB for these, and a part you can get from the dealer to weld in and fix. I let mine go, and the whole door sagged so much, it/s now stuck shut, has been for about a year, gotten used to the Dukes of Hazzard entry:scottm: ! That clicking and sticking is how this all started,

The clicking is more likely to be the door check, as Manuel suggests. It's supposed to hold the door open with a pair of spring-loaded rollers, but the mechanism regularly breaks and causes that popping. You can easily test this by removing the pin that holds the check to the door frame. Carefully push the check in but not all the way. Now operate the door. If clicks are gone, you have your culprit. Sometimes a lot of oil in the right place can quiet it down, but you might just need a new one.

My door-check clicking is from the holes in the arms and brackets being worn out; when the check hits its detent point, I can see the pin trying to jump out.

Back