• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do the small coil springs by the rear shocks mount too?

RustStang78

Mr. Pessimistic
Sorry for creating a new thread, but I searched and am coming up empty.

I have three small coil springs that mount to the rear chassis infront of the rear shocks. I took them off when I herculined the floor. Like an idiot I forgot to take a picture before I started taking stuff off. What do they hold out of the way? Thanks.

edit: thinking about it, I think two of them keep the e-brake lines from hitting the driveshaft, but what would the third one hold?

There should be 4. The smaller ones go up higher to hold the ebrake cables to the bottom of the trunk floor/body, and the longer ones hold the ebrake cables to the underside of the unibody rails.

Exactly. The springs on the frame rails always got ripped off from wheelin. So I only use two springs higher up. If your springs break you could also use bunjee cords to allow for flex as zipties might be restrictive.

Back