• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Transmission control module

Durango-Bob

NAXJA Forum User
I suspect that my TCM is loosing communication with the ECM. I have found a '95 TCM and was wondering what years are compatible with mine. Will this one work and what other years would work?

97' does not have a separate TCM that I am aware. On OBDII units, the TCM was merged with the ECM and now called the PCM (Power Control Module).

So, no the 95' unit is not exchangable.

Why do you think you are loosing com? Are you getting a code saying so?

Ron

Zuki-Ron said:
97' does not have a separate TCM that I am aware. On OBDII units, the TCM was merged with the ECM and now called the PCM (Power Control Module).

I don't know what I'm smoking tonight, sorry! :twak:

The TCM from a 95' I suspect is a bit different.
You should still get an error code if the TCM goes off-line or the com lines are intermittent.

Ron

Durango-Bob said:
I suspect that my TCM is loosing communication with the ECM. I have found a '95 TCM and was wondering what years are compatible with mine. Will this one work and what other years would work?
if you need it, I have a 97 TCM that I removed from my 97XJ when I put in a manual transmission. I'll cut You a deal on it too :)

Back