• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Slip Yoke Question

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
I need about another inch of spline engagement after a 3" lift on my MJ. I have a YJ slip yoke on it now. There is an extended slip yoke on Ebay, item # 140125954276, that is 1-1/2" longer than the factory YJ yoke. Everything seems correct for either the NP231 or AW4 tranny output shafts; it uses the Spicer 1310 series u-joints, has the correct 27 spline count, and the 1-1/2" seal surface. Anything I'm missing here as to why this yoke might NOT work? Thanks

Big concern,since there has never ever been a report on such animal before!

Re: Longer Slip Yoke Question

I can see no reason why it won't fit, and the price is resonable, so I'll order one. Will report back yea or nay. I hope yea :sunshine:

Is the current one working right now or do you need this in order to get it back together? If you are driving it right now and you just want the extra length for articulation, then I would think it would work fine as long as it fits correctly.

If you do not have it together and can not drive it currently, I would worry about vibrations with the extra length.

Yes, I am driving it now using a YJ slip yoke, but at rest the slip yoke shaft is only engaging about 7/8 of the bushing in the tail shaft behind the oil seal. Thus under acceleration, when the drive shaft pulls out a bit from the T-case I get very slight vibes between 35-45MPH. My driveshaft appears to be about an inch short. This slip yoke is 1-1/2" longer than the YJ yoke, so I plan to cut 1/2" off the shaft before installing.

Back