• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom 4x4 Fabrication Rear Bumper 97+ Q's

crazy-apes

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Does anyone have pictures of the mounting set-up and this bumper? How about the side plates?

The c4x4 website does not have a ton of info on it.

I also read that he would ad a hitch to it as well. Anyone done that?

Thank you,

Curtis

I have this bumper. It just uses the stock mounting holes. And the side plates mount with four bolts per side. And there's a lip that hangs on the brackets that held on the factory corner pieces.

Funny that this thread should show up today. After a year of not having the side plates on the Jeep, I'm going to a friends's house today to finally put them on.

The reason why I have not put them on yet is that they need to be cut down quite a bit since my rear fenders have been trimmed.

And the bumper does not interfere with my hitch. I'll try to remember to take some pictures today.

Last edited:
If it uses the factory bumper mounting holes,you need to look for a different bumper!

xjohnnyc said:
I have this bumper. It just uses the stock mounting holes. And the side plates mount with four bolts per side. And there's a lip that hangs on the brackets that held on the factory corner pieces.

Funny that this thread should show up today. After a year of not having the side plates on the Jeep, I'm going to a friends's house today to finally put them on.

The reason why I have not put them on yet is that they need to be cut down quite a bit since my rear fenders have been trimmed.

And the bumper does not interfere with my hitch. I'll try to remember to take some pictures today.

Does it mount to the frame rail in any way?

Curtis

I'm doing some reading about rear bumpers and it is down to the c4x4, jcr stage 3, and detours slimline.
I like the c4x4 alot, but after looking at how it mounts, I would probably need a hitch for a reliable recovery point right? If their mounting system isn't meant for recovery, then why do they offer optional d-ring tabs?

mine has two tie in brackets, and I would feel confident using them for a pull, however just for the heck of it I ended up welding the hitch to the bumper

red_01_xj said:
mine has two tie in brackets, and I would feel confident using them for a pull, however just for the heck of it I ended up welding the hitch to the bumper

does c4x4 provide tie in brackets with the bumper or did you make them yourself?

they came with it

I run the C4x4 rear. The best bought part I have on my XJ.
I would NOT use it for a pull point. I use a drawtite class 3 receiver that picks up all 8 frame rail holes.
The C4x4 side plates are okay, they work better if you just weld them to the bumper after you install them.
The optional tire carrier is great as well.

Back