• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gimme that shackle II

sorry i tried this before but double posted and then it all went to ish. anyway i have an xj with about a 7" or so lift and the rear has a 1 inch lift block and stock shackle and hardly flexes at all, the plan is to pull the lift block and add a shackle that can flex without giving to much lift hopefully no more than an inch, and possibly pulling a leaf unless thats asking for axle wrap, any advise? and how the hell do those damn toyota guys get so much effing flex out of leaves????

Wow you must have nothing to do! It's late lol... Anyways- so what kind of leaves do you have? I'd say lose the block add a boomerang shackle. Take your leafs apart and put some of that leaf liner stuff that Goatman was talkin about a while back. and make sure your spring/shackle bolts aren't too tight... I'm not having anyluck with finding the thread that I was thinking of.

Last edited:
the more arched your springs are (6 inches i'm guessing) the less flex you will get out of it. a longer shackle will help (Boomerang, JKS makes a 1" one). the flatter your leaf spring, the more flex you will get out of it.

also, if you've been running a block, you must not be that worried about axle wrap.

are you sure its not your shocks or something else that's limiting your flex, and not your springs?

get some deaver leaves.

JNickel101 said:
also, if you've been running a block, you must not be that worried about axle wrap.

are you sure its not your shocks or something else that's limiting your flex, and not your springs?

well i recently bought my newest xj already built and only tested it out at a local ohv park and when i got home i checked out the rear suspension and found the block and stock shackle, so would pulling a leave be a heavy risk of axle wrap?

Back