• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bastard pack plus kit...?

Arkansas91XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've tried searching, and I don't think that I found anything that helped me with this. I have a 3" RC alrady on my 91 4.0 and I want a little more lift put in. Could I make a bastard pack in addition to this or would it be better to remove the add-a-leaf and start from scratch? Probably about 4.5-5" would suit me (of course higher is also fine!!). Another thing that's kind of bothering me is the front coils...what would I do with those, can I buy coils for a lift without the rest of the lift or what? I'm really kind of new to all of this, just learning it as I go...any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can buy front coils without the rest of the kit or you could buy spacers. For the rear you can either get a shackle lift, add another leaf (harsher ride), or get new leaf springs.

honestly you would be better to take out the old and put in the new. going from 3 to 4.5 -5 you need to change the angles of about everything in the front end (steering, alignment, steering stabilizer, etc) and you also need to lower the trans or change driveshaft. i know there are people that will say you dont need to do these things but if you want the truck to run for awhile without problems all the time and its on road driving to there is alot of things that need to be considered. a lift kit has the hardware to change these things for a reason. just my 2cents take it for what its worth

Just guessing... I think I know you.... But if it were me and since you had a Short AAL. I would find a set of springs from a newer XJ then the top 2 leafs of some s10 springs. I have got my friends XJ to sit at around 5" in the rear with that set up. On the front you can either buy new coils or just get coil spring spacers. You'll also need shocks, and a tcase drop. I have my old leafs and tcase drop sitting in my shed if you want them.

Kevin

Dont get a trackbar relocating bracket, get an adjustable trackbar. the relocating bracket will put your TB and draglink out of parallel and you'll end up with bump steer. just get a quality adjustable trackbar (TNT, JKS)

toysupra14 said:
Just guessing... I think I know you.... But if it were me and since you had a Short AAL. I would find a set of springs from a newer XJ then the top 2 leafs of some s10 springs. I have got my friends XJ to sit at around 5" in the rear with that set up. On the front you can either buy new coils or just get coil spring spacers. You'll also need shocks, and a tcase drop. I have my old leafs and tcase drop sitting in my shed if you want them.

Kevin

Haha my noobness stinks that bad huh? Yeah it's Matt :p

Lots of stuff for me to look at here, thanks yall!

Back