• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thermostat

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can find a damn tstat that has the hole in the top of it. Kragen, Autozone and Pepboys only have them with out the hole in the top.

Dealership and Stant thermostats are the only ones I've had luck with.

Dealership has the hole with the checkball and then the Stant superstats have the 3 notches (same concept, different design)

You can also just drill the hole too...

Agreed, just drill your own hole. When installing, put the hole pointing to the top.

:doh: not to high jack your thread,but I am going to ... is it nessecary to have a t-stat with a hole in it? I installed one from napa in my 99 without a hole and have had zero issues. End hi-jack:gag:

It's not 100% needed. It just helps to burp the system. If you check the coolant level every few days after you have installed the thermostat you should be fine. If it's been a week of driving and the coolant level is fine, I would say you are OK.

Back