• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whos gonna travel the farthest.

1359 miles for me, so I'd guess all those Indiana and Ohio guys will be traveling even farther, then there's that Vince guy from across the pond...

Yeah I think Vince might have it coming from Switzerland, unless Hagen's coming from Germany.

Yeah, I think Vince and Rachel have the Long Distance Award all sewn up.

bet i'll be 2nd on that list. i'm looking at about 2300 miles. unless somone from NH or southern Fla make the run.

Wow, and I thought I had a ride from up here in BC, only 900 mi. Thom

I believe if IIRC from 2003 its 1726 from my door to slickrock.

Hope I can get some of the SEC to caravan out or its going to be one long drive by myself.

Kudzu said:
I believe if IIRC from 2003 its 1726 from my door to slickrock.

Hope I can get some of the SEC to caravan out or its going to be one long drive by myself.

Yup. Right now we have a MWC caravan of 3 Jeeps set up. Best way to do it for sure.

BIgDaddyChia said:
You know what sad though. Half my trip will be through Texas.

i dread Kansas the most. you can set cruise and tie off the steering wheel and take a nap and still hit Colorado before the road curves.

my first trip out i went solo and it wasnt too bad, but my 2nd trip 4 buddies went with me and it went so fast BSing on the CB all the way.

DO NOT skip this trip just because you're running out there solo.. you will make a bunch of friends out there and you will be just a little more cool than your friends because you wnet and they didnt.

Mapquest says 953 miles straight across Nevada on "The Loneliest Highway" US-50. I will drive the extra 150 miles and take Interstate most of the way. I-80 to SLC and then cut down. It's a 16 hour drive.

i think its 850 for me.

xjohnnyc said:
Yeah, I think Vince and Rachel have the Long Distance Award all sewn up.

In all fairness, I think the award should be based on the number of miles actually driven to the event in an XJ. I will probably be arriving in California so my mileage will be starting from Long Beach.

Back