• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" SF center pins too short???

cherokeered

NAXJA Forum User
I just got the RE 3.5" SuperFlex kit in with full leafs and I also got 4* shims to go with the SYE. It looks like the center pins in the leafs are too short to accomidate the shims. Do I need to get new pins or ????

just get a a couple form home depot. You can just use allen head grade 8 bolts and nuts. theyre cheap.

PS if you have an SYE and CV DS, you shouldnt need the shims.

I thought longer pins were supposed to come with the shims but they didn't ....does anyone know where I can get these?

just use grade 8 allen bolts as pins ive done it on 2 or three packs they work fine like $3.00 from home depot or lowes

You can get away without the shims for a little bit, but after awhile your d/s might give up the ghost. Mine did after not even barely a year, and my angle at the yoke isn't ideal. The 4* shim is highly recommended and R/E told me to use it or the d/s can fail. by the way cherokeered was it i that sold you your kit today at the laguna hills location? Just curious

ya...I did pick the lift up today in the 4-Runner ....and was checking everything out. The pins in the leaf packs are to short. I will need longer ones for the shims. Looks like they will prob work with the floating shims but I have the non-floating shims.

JDs- do you have longer pins in stock or will we have to order them

Last edited:
cherokeered said:
I thought longer pins were supposed to come with the shims but they didn't ....does anyone know where I can get these?

Nope. They sell them separate, at least RE does this.

I did what other folks did, go to Home Depot or Ace and get grade 8 allen head bolts.

Good luck!

91 Jeep Project said:
I'm sorry, but thats just wrong.

Really? Ive run a hack n tap and an RE CV DS for over a year with out shims and a 4.5" RE lift and NEVER had vibes or problems with my driveshaft. Even now with my 6" TnT lift its still working just as well as it ever has...

With a CV setup the pinion should be pointing at the TC output. TomWoods website covers to what degree it should be pointing.

Back