• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anybody ever tried these?

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
MRG-1285.jpg

shower curtain ring?
nose ring?
your grannys napkin holder?
seriously, its kinda cryptic...
if its a coil spacer, theyre fine

X2
those are kind of miss labelled as "coil spacers"
from what I can see those won't give you any lift, as a coil spacer would. those are to go in between coils, to 'soften' the ride or provide added cushion. I remember seeing them in a store once and couldn't understand the theory. granted they may cushion a bit, but then add stress to the coils above/below.
I don't see how they could add lift, unless you unsprung the coil completely and squeezed a few of these into the coils so they couldn't compress when re-installed... bad idea.

beakie said:
X2
those are kind of miss labelled as "coil spacers"
from what I can see those won't give you any lift, as a coil spacer would. those are to go in between coils, to 'soften' the ride or provide added cushion. I remember seeing them in a store once and couldn't understand the theory. granted they may cushion a bit, but then add stress to the coils above/below.
I don't see how they could add lift, unless you unsprung the coil completely and squeezed a few of these into the coils so they couldn't compress when re-installed... bad idea.
They wont soften the ride,they will effectively increase the spring rate.You see this on Nascar every week!

RCP Phx said:
They wont soften the ride,they will effectively increase the spring rate.You see this on Nascar every week!

That was just my guess at what it would do.

Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday.

myself, i have never seen those before but ill take it from you guys to go with a conventional spacer, thanks.

Back