• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking at used wheels 11.5 on 10" rim

sjbond67

NAXJA Forum User
i found a decent deal on some tires and wheels and i want them pretty bad and need them because my 31's are bald as hell. anyways the tires are 11.5" wide and wheels are eagle alloys with a 10" width and 3.5" backspacing. first thing i thought was woah these are going to stick out bad, but then i thought maybe it wouldnt be too bad. then i thought dang tires arent much wider than the wheels which could be bad

i searched and read that most people that complain about 10" wide wheels were those that ran on the rocks w/ lower psi. my rig is mostly street driven with occassional trails (mostly mud, hills, hardly any rocks) so i thought maybe this set up wouldnt be too bad. i dont know does anyone have any thoughts on this, perhaps any pics with 3.5" bs on 10" wheel? i alsso was thinking about going flareless but if i get these i might stick the flares back on.

33x12.5 on 15x10 rim with 3.5 backspacing. Technically, I've been told that your tire should be 2.5 inchs wider than your rim but yours should be fine as long as you keep psi in them.

Sorry about the bad angle.

S5300001.jpg

wow those stick out pretty far, looks good on your jeep but mines not as tall. thanks for the pics, got a better angle? i think i would definatly have to keep the flares on

Not sure where the info was sourced from, but I've yet to see the benefits of running a 10" wheel with a 33x12.50 tire on an XJ, especially with 3.5" BS. Just means that you'll need more lift/more tirmming to clear the tire, and depending on your state regs, could also mean that you'll need to add wider flares to give proper tire coverage.

I've run a couple of sets of 32 x 11.50's on 15x7 Jeep wheels with no adverse effects, unever wear or trail performance issues. I also ran a 1.25" billet adapter for a total backspacing of 4", which allows the tire to stuff well, not rub on the inners and very minor trimming with a 5.5" lift.

I then switched to Moab wheels which are 16 x 8 and paired them up with 285/75/16 MT/R's (33x11.25), reusing the 1.25" billet adapters. They stuff well, wear evenly and are a great fit for the XJ wheelwell.
100_3410.jpg

XJEEPER said:
Not sure where the info was sourced from, but I've yet to see the benefits of running a 10" wheel with a 33x12.50 tire on an XJ, especially with 3.5" BS. Just means that you'll need more lift/more tirmming to clear the tire, and depending on your state regs, could also mean that you'll need to add wider flares to give proper tire coverage.

I've run a couple of sets of 32 x 11.50's on 15x7 Jeep wheels with no adverse effects, unever wear or trail performance issues. I also ran a 1.25" billet adapter for a total backspacing of 4", which allows the tire to stuff well, not rub on the inners and very minor trimming with a 5.5" lift.

I then switched to Moab wheels which are 16 x 8 and paired them up with 285/75/16 MT/R's (33x11.25), reusing the 1.25" billet adapters. They stuff well, wear evenly and are a great fit for the XJ wheelwell.
100_3410.jpg
X2
Unless your building a "mallcrawllin vatomobile",stay away from 10" rims.

yea i dont know i may just pick them up for now since they are so cheap, my tires are bald and need some bad, if there is a problem ill just swap out and resell when i get tax return

Agree about staying away from 10" wheels...and also agree that there are no advantages unless you just want to stay in the mud or sand all the time. I've got a set of 8"ers that I'm in the middle of adding beadlocks to since I hate my 10" wheels so much! They rub on EVERYTHING!

Back