• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle Question

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any companies that make a shackle that don't provide an extra 1" of lift but will flex more? I know OME makes a shackle but it doesn't say how high or if it's even for the XJ.

Just do this little test. Take out the rubber bushings in your shackles. Go wheeling. It will be a little clunky, but you will have tons more "shackle flex". After you find that it doesn't get you any further down the trail, put the bushings back in.:peace:

The only "flexing shackle" that i know of is that revolver shackle that Teraflex makes.....

but i sure as hell wouldnt use it....

98stocker said:
Just do this little test. Take out the rubber bushings in your shackles. Go wheeling. It will be a little clunky, but you will have tons more "shackle flex". After you find that it doesn't get you any further down the trail, put the bushings back in.:peace:
Thats the dumbest thing Ive heard in a while!

To the OP,the answer is basically NO.A longer shackle "effectively" makes a spring flex better than a shorter one.You might see some difference with a shackle that has greasable bushings over one that uses factory rubber bushings for the same given length.

the teraflex revolver shackles do give you more flex, but i've seen some places that there's a shackle that unloads and looks like a "Z" pattern. i think maybe it was on xtreme 4x4 or something like that. anybody else know what i'm talking about?

Back