• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OIL IN MY INTAKE????

pimpgixxer04

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys so i was just fixing my pressure sending unit when i decided to go ahead and check out my filter, well i recently changed my filter so it really wasnt dirty but the tube goin in the intake housing on the RIGHT(if your looking at the engine from the front of the jeep) side is putting oil somehow into my intake...what could be the problem?? I do have a pretty severe oil leak on my engine i think its coming from the valve cover which is an easy fix i just dont have an money at the moment..but i need to know whats up..thanks in advance..

So was the sender where it was supposed to be? Did it fix your gauge?...

I had oil in my intake when I blew a head gasket--- and had a pretty good oil leak out the side of the head... make sure the oil isn't coming from between the head and the block.

How's the air filter look?

Search for "blow by" and do some reading. If your Jeep is old enough, this may or may not be your problem

its a 93...and i really hope its not my head gasket..how much would that cost me? and i found the sender unit , but it was broken so im gonna go buy a new one as soon as i get paid..im more worried about the head gasket now though...but if anyone could fill me in..i'd apriciate it..

so i found some articles in here and im kinda confused..what must i do to fix it..i saw two different things and one of them said to just buy some part and the other said i had to buy a new valve cover (which might be the better thing to do cause its kinda grimy and leaks pretty bad, but advice please!

Most are doing the parts conversion, not the valve cover replacement. I am trying something different as we speak, and will post up when I confirm it works.

I made a catch can with tall soup can, steel scrubbers(as filter), used another top cut in half as baffles (to hold filter), and bolt in bottom for drain when I get to it. All held together with 5 min JB Weld. CUSTOMIUM!! I like the looks it gets.

the vaccum line on your valve cover is more than likely plugged up with crap. you can do two things here pull out the fitting in the valve cover and the vaccum line and spray some carb and choke cleaner in it (that's what I did) or replace the fitting and line completely. I was told to get a bigger fitting and line and adapt it down but I went the cheap route. I thought for sure my engine with 250,000 mile was dead, that fixed it and three years later still running like a swiss clock. hope this helps

Pelican said:
If we are going to be picky: Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve

Since we are being picky, THAT /\ would be PCVV. People come into Advance Auto Parts where I work and ask for the PVC valve. I want to tell them to go to Lowes, since they sell PVC.....

PCV valve = Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve.

Quote:

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

The Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve, or PCV valve, is a one-way valve that ensures continual evacuation of gases from inside a gasoline internal combustion engine's crankcase."

Ignore me -- I'm just in my monthly cute mode. I reckon as long as your customers get what they want and they give you cash money or equivalent for it, everything is well with the world.

Exactly. A PCV valve, not a PCV Valve. The inherent capitalization of the Valve in your original designation automatically includes it into the abbreviation, which would produce PCVV. By removing its said capitalization, it is no longer part of the abbreviation and free to roam where it pleases.

hasta

Clean everything that attaches to said valve cover. Vacuum lines and fittings and all rubber bushings as well. That will slow the problem down if it is "blow by" I did this and it got me about another years use out of my first 4.0L before I began to notice diminished oil pressure. When I plastigauged the rear main I knew that it was rebuild time. Hope you have a longer engine life between "blow by" and rebuild than did I.

Back