• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB Leaking "compressor can't keep up!"

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have an ARB in my dana 30 front axle, I bought it used and it has always leaked a little internally but the compressor would only cycle on a couple times a minute. I took my front axle apart to fix axle seals and wanted to test my ARB before I got everything back together. I tightend all the conections and flipped the swith. Now it is leaking so bad the compressor can't even close to hold up. I tested this with the diff. cover off and no gear oil in the axle, I lubed the two seals where the brass line comes in also. I just went ahead and ordered 10 more O-rings figuring that is what my problem was, could it have been anythign else? I couldn't feel the leaking air anywhere but it sounded as though the air was leakign out the drivers side axle tube. Thanks

jeepboy381 said:
Well I have an ARB in my dana 30 front axle, I bought it used and it has always leaked a little internally but the compressor would only cycle on a couple times a minute. I took my front axle apart to fix axle seals and wanted to test my ARB before I got everything back together. I tightend all the conections and flipped the swith. Now it is leaking so bad the compressor can't even close to hold up. I tested this with the diff. cover off and no gear oil in the axle, I lubed the two seals where the brass line comes in also. I just went ahead and ordered 10 more O-rings figuring that is what my problem was, could it have been anythign else? I couldn't feel the leaking air anywhere but it sounded as though the air was leakign out the drivers side axle tube. Thanks

I would think it might be the round bearing thing that the air tubes goes into? I would call ARB--I have found their tech support to be great, even on used or older equipment (I, too, bought my D30 ARB used and had to replace some parts).

mecompco said:
I would think it might be the round bearing thing that the air tubes goes into? I would call ARB--I have found their tech support to be great, even on used or older equipment (I, too, bought my D30 ARB used and had to replace some parts).
I called ARB and they said that most likely it was an intranal seal that cost about $50.00. I have the first version of the ARB for the DANA 30 and there are lots of parts they don't make for it anymore so if something acctually breaks they said it might be garbage! I ordered that seal and the two external seals so we will see what happens!

Back