• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adj Track Bar on RE kit?

cherokeered

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered the RE 3.5" SuperFlex kit but it doesn't look like it comes with any bracket for the TrackBar. Is it neccessary to modifiy the stock TrackBar or get an Adj Trackbar for this lift.....anybody have any issues leaving it stock

im 3.5" in front and 3.5"leafs rear and RE boomerrang shackles for net 4.25 rear with stock track bar running 33's with no issues, pulled rear sway bar too, you might need to shim the rear axle even with t case drop

After your lift is installed try measuring your front end and see where your chassis stands in relation to your body. GoJeep writes about it at his site and offers you an alternative to buying an adj track bar. I found it totally workable since I do not plan on going any higher than my 3 inches and relocating the bolt hole roughly a half inch toward the driver's side proved to be an easy fix. What's more important however, is to correct any deviation in your caster angle as well as re aligning your front tires before putting many miles on your xj. GoJeep offers you help there as well. Great stuff. One final recommendation I would make is one I just finished adding to my front end...locate a zj tirerod with ends off a late 90's V8 model (maybe $20). It's a direct swap and not only is it stronger, it is easier to use in aligning your front tires.

Last edited:
i got one for my 3.5 RE lift. my axle was quite a bit off center to the driver side. if you leave it like that, then it will put undue stress on your suspension components. plus it did not handle well at all. now with it centered it rides quite a bit better. i have their regular adjustable track bar with out the relocation bracket. i had it installed it about 2 hours or so with recentering my axle.

mk20rockeye said:
i got one for my 3.5 RE lift. my axle was quite a bit off center to the driver side. if you leave it like that, then it will put undue stress on your suspension components. plus it did not handle well at all. now with it centered it rides quite a bit better. i have their regular adjustable track bar with out the relocation bracket. i had it installed it about 2 hours or so with recentering my axle.

This is your best answer right here. With the track bar adjustable, theres so much to play with. The relocater is just a quick fix that sooner than you think gives alot of vibration and play. :guitar:

i looked into redrilling the hole on the axle mount......looks pretty close to the stock hole to be and doesn't look very safe....maybe I should get the RE TB!!!

Back