• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOTOR!!

pimpgixxer04

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys well i've had my 93 jeep cherokee for not too long maybe 2 years and i've never had a problem with it and dont ever want to, BUT it has 213,539 miles on it and its kinda enevitable..so heres my question well actually 2...here they go...1st question is should i rebuild the motor or buy a crate motor? 2nd question is after i do one of the two options above, would i be able to slap a turbo or supercharger on it? Or would that just be retarted...please talk me out of this if its a retarted idea!! thanks in advance.

Its the 4.0 right? Just find a used one with less miles in there and swap it in there, i think you would be wasting your time with a turbo.

IMHO putting a turbo/super charger on a 4.0 is like putting perfume on pig. Just not that much bang for the bucks. Do a 4.6 stroker if you want more power.

IMHO putting a turbo/super charger on a 4.0 is like putting perfume on pig. Just not that much bang for the bucks. Do a 4.6 stroker if you want more power.

Back