• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BFG AT's new problem

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj w/ 5 inches of lift and bushwacker flares and 4.10 gears. Last winter I ran my 32x11.5x15 at's with no problem but I had a 500 pound snow plow on the front. This year first snow with no plow she was all over, lots of fun but not if my neice borrows it. So my question is would I notice a good difference if I went to 33x10.5x15 ? No more plow and would go with bfg at's again. Or do I get a winter set of 265/75/15 tires. All opinions welcome.

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever!

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever!

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever! mind

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever! mind you it is

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever! mind you it is fun in the

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever! mind you it is fun i

I run 32" BFG AT's. As I do 95% on road and therefore doesn't warrant big mud tires...with that said, I'm looking at Mickey's MTZ. ANyways. I live in Canada and theres plenty of the white stuff up here (not as much as American's think, but enough) and the AT's work great. I run them at 33 lbs in the winter, lower if it gets really bad (30) In snow though, it doesn't matter what kind of winter tires you got, you should use 4 hi. Its rear wheel drive and light in the back. Tell your niece to pull the lever! mind you it is fun in 2wd!

Damn Canadians:laugh3:

kind of off topic here, but do you have any pics of your jeep with the plow mounted? i have one for mine as well and im wondering how you counteracted the effects of the plow with the lift. im running my stree tires (all season) for the winter, and only swap on my MT's (10 minutes) when it comes to wheeling.

Back