• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BB question

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
Now:

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

does this look like a 2" BB on 235/75/R15's? I really want do this and I like the lift height and tire combination. :NAXJA:

to tell you the truth, it looked stock to me at first glance

but then i noticed you can def see the shackles in the rear

i don't know if it's quite 2", but i'd assume it's pretty close

...looks decent tho...

good luck

:cheers:

looks good. i had a 2" BB as well and it too looked stock.

i'm pretty sure that's a post from jeepsunlimited, i rember seeing it- and he tells how he had just bought it dirt cheap. there are also pictures of it stock, and then these pictures- and he's running 30x9.50's and a 2 inch lift.

jk333 said:
Now:

DSC01031.jpg

does this look like a 2" BB on 235/75/R15's? I really want do this and I like the lift height and tire combination. :NAXJA:
if you look close, you can make out a red spacer in the front wheel well and the longer shackle in back.

for what it's worth, most non-jeepers think my dd'er is stock but it's got a 2" home-brew bb and 245/70/16's:

IMG_0162_01.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

:search:
FitchVA said:
if you look close, you can make out a red spacer in the front wheel well and the longer shackle in back.

for what it's worth, most non-jeepers think my dd'er is stock but it's got a 2" home-brew bb and 245/70/16's:

IMG_0162_01.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

i like your Jeep alot. it's really clean looking. are your tires like 30's?

Any problems with tire rubbing with the 2" bb and 30's, that is what i am looking to do next month as my pockets aren't deep enough for a real lift right now and i need new tires, right now i'm running 235 bfg a/t's on a '98 with up country pkg. and it will just barely rub the front flares with the sway bar disconnected and flexed all the way into the bumpstops with the wheels cut.

cbtu0914 said:
[...]right now i'm running 235 bfg a/t's on a '98 with up country pkg. and it will just barely rub the front flares with the sway bar disconnected and flexed all the way into the bumpstops with the wheels cut.
What? I have 235 BFG ATs as well and had no rubbing anywhere when stock and disco'd--without the UpCountry package.

that looks good to me for a DD/mild wheeler. I'm running 235 75 r15 AT's on stock worn suspesion right now with no swaybars and no rubbing except on the LCA's when turning (should adjust the steering stops but havn't yet). I'm installing V8 coils and a spacer+a few extra leafs in the back to give a small 2.5" lift. I think that with small tires and a small lift you can still keep good gas mileage for the daily driver duty and still take it out on a few trails on the weekend. Good compromise IMO

It's very minor rubbing, only when flexed all the way up front and only the inside lip of the flare rubs, definately not what you see during normal wheeling, I only know about it because as soon as i finished my disco's my brother and i went and found a rock pile on the ranch to test just how flexy it was and i cut the wheel with the tire at full stuff got out and noticed the lf tire just touching the inside lip of the flare.

If you get the right wheels you wont rub 30s at stock height.

My XJ came with 30x9.5 BFGs when I bought it. They were mounted on TJ Canyon Rims which are 15x8 w/ 5.5 inches of backspacing. No Rubbing whatsoever on anything at all.

Back