• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater question, NOT the annoying vac/vent question

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so i fixed my vac reservoir and my heater works it blows out by my feet and the vents work too for a/c or if it's on vent.

question is, when the switch is to Heat and all the way warm, is it supposed to come out the vents or just down by my feet?

Heat is the floor vents.

Vent is the dashboard vents.

Defrost is the defrosters.

No mixing in the older XJ's

w_howey said:
No mixing in the older XJ's

The older ones don't have the bi-level option? It will blow from the floor & dash vents. JIM.

My 85 and 93 have the same options including bi-level. Don't know if there is some internal mixing in later models that w_howey is referring to.

ILLXJ said:
The older ones don't have the bi-level option? It will blow from the floor & dash vents. JIM.

Not all of them.....

My 88 XJ fleet model had bi-level. But my 88 MJ with the most base interior doesn't. The 90 I have now, I don't remember, I'm driving the ZJ now...

A/C inclusion seems to be the difference

langer1 said:
While on the subject, wheres the best place to buy a new blower motor for a 87 chief?

I have one from an 89 I can pull & check, if you're interested. JIM.

Last edited:
Back