• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help with a lift from stock

sherman08

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for around 2 to 3 inches of lift for my 88. I guess you start to get vibes at anything higher than that. I also heard that a three inch lift might actually push me over 3" increasing vibes. I also heard that this isn't as big of a problem in the older models. If anyone can help me pick out a good lift thatd be great.

I had the same worries for my 92. I installed 3" rusty's front coils, 3.5" procomp rear leaf full packs, and procomp shocks all around with absolutely no vibes.

Generally Id recomend Rubicon Express. There are lots of other options, but RE is like the one stop shop. + with them you know its quality, and will bolt right up with no modifications.

Ok so i went and looked At RE and they had 3.5" kits. Is this going to be pushing the envelope too much or should i move down to there 2" kit. Has anyone tried a kit like that? It just has spacers for the front, AAL, and shocks. it looks like a great deal but im not sure if it will last.

go with a kit that has spacers front and shackles rear if you want only 2 inches. i know rustys makes a kit like that, and if your only buyin shackles and spacers $100 is a good price

Ok i think two inches is enough for me i just want to get rid of that stock look im getting too much competition from evryone else and there dogs' XJ Im just init for the looks more than anything else.

Grandpa used to say "in for a penny, in for a pound"...and I wasn't exactly sure what he meant until I got my xj. Sure you can do a BB, AAL, shackles, blocks, whatever you want to your unit and spend as little or as much as you want. That's what's great about this hands on vehicle. Point is, if you are going to do something and go through the hassle of doing it, then why not do it right the first time? Truthfully evaluate your suspension on your 88 xj. Do those rear leafs lie flat? Is an AAL going to make a temporary difference to the unit or just postpone the sag until next year? Look at a compromise...spacers up front(maybe looking at replacing those front coils with ones off of a salvaged grand cherokee...+ 1 inch), new HD stock leaf packet from Quadratec and appropriate new shocks. Then perhaps upgrading your tires to an AT KO 235/75/15. Make your changes count for more than a superficial Jones' fix (keeping up with the...} Good luck

Last edited:
Back