• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back to stock time for my 96 HELP!?

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm going to be putting my 96 back to stock. It had a partially finished Rough country 4.5 lift on it. I have leafs, coils, shocks and sway bar links out of an 01 with 24000 miles ready to go on it. Will I need to put anti-seize or grease on anything? If so where? I'm a noob to the whole suspension thing. I do own a Haynes and Chilton manual but nothing is stated as far as greasing or putting anti-seize on anything. I have one set of jack stands and two rolling floor jacks and air tools will I need more then this to do it safely?

P.S. The lift has not been used at all and it will be going on my 94. The shocks are still in the boxes, and no I will not be using the shock boots like you guys recommended.

fairly simple, just un bolt old and bolt on new. It wouldn't hurt to put some pb blaster or wd40 on the bolts befor you take them off, just to make them turn better. jacks and jack stands are fine.

X2 on the PB blaster. I put some on all the bolts each day for 3 days before installing new leaf springs. Helped out alot when it came time to take it apart. Also after you install the stock springs, after about 100 miles or so your going to want to check all the bolts to make sure that they are tight to spec still.

Back