• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smoking Dash :o Fan High-part #

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
Haha, Okay, I am one of the 96 and olders who has a messed up heat/ac controls. ie. only HIGH settting. Before research I did not know that I needed that Special part (anybody got the part number?) So I swapped Dash controls from another XJ.

Same thing, only HIGH, sometimes low, some rare days, all the settings work.

Recently my new to me Controls broke, the high low setting only left is broken and loose, which I think is causing smoking!

Ok I'm going to get a new control or swap a new one in. Anybody know that part number?

The plug behind the fan speed switch commonly melts.

I wrapped mine in aluminum foil and electric tape to try and insulate it. I better swap it out one of these days. It hasn't caused me any problems yet though. It gets hot when you use the high setting. Which I rarely do anyway.

I may be wrong, but I thought there was a fan resistor that may be causing your problem. This is a guess as my books are at home sorry.

Last time I checked that resistor was $90(CAD), and the wreckers was $20.... I went with the wreckers and has worked great for the past year now! :)

Had the same problem tho, 1,2 and 3 don't work because the resistor is shot, only 4 works because its a direct 12V contact from the battery to the fan motor.

As for it smoking... go get some nicotine patches for it :roll::roll:

Back