• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crap in my raditor....

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
crapinradiator.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture its from a cell phone

what is this stuff its a bunch of black buildup in the radiator, i got as much out as i could. Any clue of how it got in there? I have a 95 with a 4.0 with an oil leak, i was about to flush the radiator when i found this stuff. will a good flush fix it? anyone know off any additive that will help?

maybe the head gasket that wouldnt surprise me. Is it a big deal with that crap in there is it going to destroy the radiator or any other crucial parts?

:flame: That is my old rig. Why didn't you just call and ask me??????????

I told you when I sold it to you (5 months ago), there was alot of buildup in the cooling system and I filled it with vinegar to clean it out. I also told you I had just picked up the radiator (aftermarket 4 core) from the shop where it had been fixed from when the motor mounts snapped and the fan went into the radiator. The stuff in the radiator is gunk from the cooling system. I also assume you have not replaced the thermostat yet....since I pulled it to clean the system.

!!!1 !!!1 !!!1 !!!1 !!!1 !!!1 !!!1

The last time you were at my house, I reminded you AGAIN that you needed to flush the system with clean water and replace the thermostat....I even showed you the valve I use that hooks directly to the garden hose so you could completely flush the system good before refilling it with a 50/50 mix and said "you have to do this before it gets cold or everything in the system will freeze!"

A little background for everyone else: I got this rig with 147K many years ago and now it probably has about 245K. It is open/opoen and when I sold it to Chris it was on 3 inches with 35's and alot of trimming. The oil filter adapter was leaking badly....and everyone I wheeled with knew it....including Chris. In the past year it only saw the trail twice. I took it out in Feb and that is when the motor mount let loose and the fan went into the radiator. It then sat until late June and I had the radiator repaired and installed Brown Dog motor mounts. On July 4th I ran it at Windrock and Chris (current owner was there). Chris was riding with Doug (shortdoug), because he had just totaled his rig in a high speed roll off the interstate (due to a medical condition). Chris wanted to see a difficult trail he had never been up. Neither Doug or I wanted to run this trail because we had never had good luck on it. Long story made short, we ran the trail and I ended up throwing a large rock into my suspension and bending the driver side upper control arm and tearing the passenger side upper control arm mount at the frame. My front axle spun and the pinion pointed almost straight down at the ground. Luckly, I was able to make it out of the trail with only 2 wheel drive. About 2 weeks later Chris bought it....knowing everything about the rig.
Since the purchase he has put re 5.5 coils and a shackle on it and added some Rusty's fenders.......BUT NOT FLUSHED THE COOLING SYSTEM OR FIXED THE OIL LEAK.

It is going to look really good sitting in the yard with a blown engine!:flamemad: :flamemad: :flamemad:

Haha that stuff is not do to a oil leak getting into coolant via head/and or gasket.

:repair:

RyanM said:
Haha that stuff is not do to a oil leak getting into coolant via head/and or gasket.

:repair:

It might be.........now, it has been pretty cold at night here lately. He had NO coolant in it!

Blaine B. said:

:twak::laugh2: :roflmao: :looser::roflmao: :laugh: :yelclap: :yelclap: :looser: :laugh2: :twak:

lol i just got hardcore flamed by my buddy lol but for everyones info i pulled the lower radiator hose out and let all the fluid out and pour in a whole thing opf antifreeze and topped it off.

Back