• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARB front bumper

mundur5

NAXJA Forum User
Guys, i am thinking of buying a winch for my ARB bumper finally. I have had the bumper far to long not to have a winch in it.

Anybody with this bumper, what winch have you stuffed in there? I would love to have the warn power plant, but I know it won't fit.

Preferably a 9500 lb winch. What do you guys have?

I think so and it fits the ARB bumper perfectly - in fact, I once read somewhere that the ARB bumber was designed to fit the Warn M8000!

I have a m8000 in my arb . I 've used it alot (the winch) , carry a snatch block and there is nothing you can't get yourself out of.I can say that the winch bieng in the bumper is (n) . don't forget to rotate the housing , so you don't have to reach all the way up to get it to free spool.

ARB bumpers are great for looks.....

......but with the money you spend on just the ARB, you could buy a Better, Stronger, and more Functional bumper.....plus a winch

and if ur still dead set on the ARB...........buy the 96 and down....not the 97 and up.........

Last edited:
C85D4x4 said:
ARB bumpers are great for looks.....

......but with the money you spend on just the ARB, you could buy a better bumper and a winch

and if ur still dead set on the ARB...........buy the 96 and down....not the 97 and up.........

I agree 100%... sell it now before you beat it up.. I just sold mine for $400.00 and turned around and picked up a winch bumper from Terry at Rigid. The ARB's approach angles are horrible... I had to almost completely cut the wrap arounds off to avoid cutting tires..

It's pretty and I did winch with it quite a few times and it held up fine... but all in all it's just pretty and that's about it.. All depends on what you're looking for..

on my latest build i threw a smittybuilt on it to keep the cost down for re-sale, not a bad deal for 300 bucks, slow but it gets the job done

C85D4x4 said:

uncc civilengineer said:
... I had to almost completely cut the wrap arounds off to avoid cutting tires..

Thats why I recommend, if ur going to buy it........get the 96 and down

B/c the only difference in years is the wrap arounds..........

the 96 and down wrap arounds are smaller

(and from what iv seen........my friends wrap arounds bent down b4 cutting his tires)

SO i would still say........go with a different bumper if you want functionality

C85D4x4 said:
Thats why I recommend, if ur going to buy it........get the 96 and down

B/c the only difference in years is the wrap arounds..........

the 96 and down wrap arounds are smaller

(and from what iv seen........my friends wrap arounds bent down b4 cutting his tires)

SO i would still say........go with a different bumper if you want functionality

Yep, but I had already cut them somewhat (wrap arounds)... and they did bend but still cut... Needless to say the ARB is a very good looking bumper, maybe the best looking one out there... but not functional at all in my book...

uncc civilengineer said:
but not functional at all in my book...

Well, I think that's a little harsh! I know everybody always defends products they own, but I love mine. I picked it up used without a scratch for $350.
I put a M8000 in it. I wheel the crap out of it. It has made trips to Moab, Rubicon, J.V. etc. I like the way it looks and it protects the whole front of my rig. Iv'e pushed trees out of the road, I've rubbed it on trees, rock walls using them to push my front end around, and took it home and rattle canned it back to new. It only has one dent in it from Prichet Cyn. I wheel moderate to hard stuff. I *try* to follow Goatman (have you seen his "XJ" buggy!?!)
I know there are stronger, cheaper, whatever bumpers out there. But the ARB works about as well as most any other.

Just my .02

Jeremy

trailbound xj said:
I have a m8000 in my arb . I 've used it alot (the winch) , carry a snatch block and there is nothing you can't get yourself out of.I can say that the winch bieng in the bumper is (n) . don't forget to rotate the housing , so you don't have to reach all the way up to get it to free spool.

rotate what part of the housing?????

I took my M8000 out of the box and bolted it straight in. The lever lines up perfectly with the cut-out. Rotating any part of the housing would make trying to turn it worse. But my wife wasted the bumper hitting a tree on the trail.

I have a T-Max 9k in mine. I got the ARB with another parts vehicle I bought, otherwise I would probably run a JCR or AJ's.

The one thing I do like about it is I can see the corners of the brush guard, so I can judge where the front is going to hit before I take out a headlight.

Back