• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Rock Key and my 01 XJ

FastFreddy4

NAXJA Forum User
It seems Jeep has been making some *cooler* keys lately for the later models - and they recently released (or atleast came to my attention) a non-transponder Jeep Rock Key. Well I went and got a couple and had one cut to fit my 2001 XJ - and it works like a glove. So now I was able to switch out my keys and use a new style Rock key on my XJ. Pretty cool... for what its worth....

100_5217.jpg

100_5216.jpg

i don't think its made by jeep. you can get it through quadratec tho

that thing looks neat but man its huge. a pebble would have been better.

I thought Strattec made licensed keys for Jeep (and GM, Ford, etc). It has the Jeep logo on the key I got, and they came from the dealer??

Yeah it is big - my wife isn't sure she wants that big thing on her key ring... for me its not a big deal as I barely carry my keys around with me anyway...

I have had one on my keyring since last Christmas, it is kinda big but I only have like 4 keys on that ring, so its not an issue. The looks you get when people see you pull your keys out of your pocket are hilarious. Its more of a what the heck is that type of look...

I spilled some JB Weld on my keys one time...it kind of looked the same...and only cost me $.99 for a new key and $3 for the JB Weld..it is all about economics!!:laugh:

I thought about getting one of those to use as a trail key. I hate having my keyring banging around on the dash/column when I'm wheeling, much prefer to use a single key. Toss it in the glove box and use it offroad.

I have a 2000 sport and can rip the keys out with the engine running.

Obviously I need them to turn it back off.

It's nice because I can turn on the radio and have a door open.

TellicoReadyXJ said:
I thought about getting one of those to use as a trail key. I hate having my keyring banging around on the dash/column when I'm wheeling, much prefer to use a single key. Toss it in the glove box and use it offroad.

Me too.

I just have an extra wal-mart chepo that I use.

I'm not into the bling thang I suppose.:dunno:

Hale

I've had that rock key for about 2 years now and I like it. :p

That thing would be a home wrecker in someones pocket! They are on ebay as well. (whats not)

Ok the wife officially decided against hers - so I have an extra - I paid $15 plus tax for it - so you can get it for $15 shipped... (I hope this is ok to post here - figure since I'm losing on it with the tax and me paying the shipping to who wants it - and keeping my wife happy its not just laying around here - I hope its ok) - Shoot me a PM if you want....

(it was the new one still bagged in the picture)

FF

nO - I bought 2 to start - one for me and one for the wife (thought she would like it) and I had mine cut (picture of the one in the ignition) and the one for her is still in the baggie (picture of one in the bag). So the extra one I have is new and not out of the bag....

FF

Back