• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got a strange package today...

cox_xj

NAXJA Forum User
got a package from MI today

wonder what it could be:confused:

PICT0130.jpg

:2thumbsup: she's gettin AWshifted tonight

install pics to follow (final install only)

please do let me know how it turns out... I've been wanting to do that to mine. Doesnt he have another one that has another switch panel?

I just got one of those too. I cant figure out where I want to locate the bump shifter...

Too much stuff on the Jeep and not enough money for paddle shifters!

What ever happened to the "cheaper" paddles that Brett was gonna do?

bmyohn said:
that switch kinda looks like the shifters on the video games...lol, definetly let us know how it goes

That's because that is exactly what it is...

just got back from my test drive

its freakin sweet

only problem, the check engine light/limp home issue, which brett knows about already

when the AWshift controller is turned on the stock TCM goes into limp mode, so when you turn off the AWshift, the TCM is locked into 4th gear until you cycle the igniton

aside from that its great

PICT0138.jpg

gear indicators, (1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, etc)

PICT0139.jpg

on/off switches, left is main on/off, right is TCC lockup

PICT0140.jpg

shifter

Last edited:
wishihad1 said:
sorry to sound dumb, but what exactly does it to...TC lock up??, offroad benefits?

this mod does two things.first it makes the trans a manual valve body of sorts.second the torque converter lock up can be used for certain situations like going down hill.you can lock up the convert which makes it direct drive from the transfer case to the engine.so now you can truly use the engine for engine braking like a manual can do.

Fast95Neon said:
how much?
where do you get this?
and is it only for aw4?

There's one for the AX-15 Trans, it's a shift knob.
so how fast is that neon?

...since i bought the xj and buying stuff for it i havent bought anything for the neon....i have another motor im building for it....im pushing for 10's or faster....on a 2.4 turbo motor....
right now it runs about a low 15's 1/4 mile

cox_xj said:
Hey just bicurious on this one but...why do you have an old mini console in your 97+ XJ?

to the console ? - cuz i can lol, i saw pics of someones with the stubby console, and a herculined floor and thought it was sexy as hell, i jsut have to herc the floor now, and also the stubby fit my mounting plans for the shifter better then glassing the full console smooth and then cutting, i didn't have to cut anything to get that shifter in there

took around 2-3weeks, i believe he waits for a few orders to come in, then puts them together and shipps

Back