• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Give the dogs a bone

XJourney

NAXJA Forum User
I am sure that I am not the only one counting down the hours till I leave for NWfest. And if you are wondering it is 120 Hrs and counting.

Enough of the camping talk, lets talk about why are are all coming "WHEELING". Come on guys lets hear all about it.

So what trails are we running? How many groups? Who is leading? Are there any CJs coming, and are they in my group?(sorry I just had to put that in for Kristen:heart: )Right Matt :scottm: What are we wheeling Friday? Easy/Moderate? Any night runs? Who is staying till 5-6pm on Sunday?:cool: Who is running the Crushers? Who will can we convince, after a couple of beverages around the campfire, to run the Crushers the next day? Who is going to break? Which stocker this year is going to show up the "BIG" dogs? Locker versus open? Long or short arms? RE or Rusty's? 35s and 3.55? Who are we going to call at 12:00pm while sitting around the campfire? Who will pass out in their chair around the campfire? Whos is the best web wheeler? Where is Howard? Who said they were coming and then backed out?

Wait disreguard those last questions those are for a different thread. I must have forgot my Rydolin(sp)

Just give me something, I already packed the jeep, minus food of course.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just dieing to go.

Last edited:
You're a little over-anxious? I don't think I've ever met you. I'm not wheeling, I'll just be there for moral support and media coverage. Will I back out? Hmm we'll see.

Can you really be over-anxious to wheel for 3 days straight at NWfest? I think not. :twak:
Apparently this is your first NWfest, once you go, that is all you think about all year long :) In fact it is so addictive that 8 of the 19 rigs from last year will be there this year. I might have to look up the other 11 rigs and figure out their issue. One in Iraq, couple have sold, don't know what is up with Howard's crew, Dingo509???

Yea you have never meet me but that was probably a good thing, until now :jester:

pdxxjnoob said:
I'm not wheeling, I'll just be there for moral support and media coverage.

Wha happen! No wheelin!

Why not?

XJLaredo said:
Wha happen! No wheelin!

Why not?

He doesn't know why. He's welcome to wheel as long as his trail leader sez it's OK. :D

Me? I'm going to spend time with my family in a 'like' environment. It's hard to find folks you're comfortable having your kids around. :)

ECKSJAY said:
He doesn't know why. He's welcome to wheel as long as his trail leader sez it's OK. :D:)

I have a set of tow hooks he can purchase, I will save him the shipping:) We can install them there.

ECKSJAY said:
Me? I'm going to spend time with my family in a 'like' environment. It's hard to find folks you're comfortable having your kids around. :)

My wife says I am like an 8 year but without the bedtime.:eeks1:

Oh true true, we'll keep that hush hush.

I'll try to keep myself from running into vehicles and/ or people this time. :D

XJourney said:

So what trails are we running? How many groups? Who is leading? Are there any CJs coming, and are they in my group?(sorry I just had to put that in for Kristen:heart: )Right Matt :scottm: What are we wheeling Friday? Easy/Moderate? Any night runs? Who is staying till 5-6pm on Sunday?:cool: Who is running the Crushers? Who will can we convince, after a couple of beverages around the campfire, to run the Crushers the next day? Who is going to break? Which stocker this year is going to show up the "BIG" dogs? Locker versus open? Long or short arms? RE or Rusty's? 35s and 3.55? Who are we going to call at 12:00pm while sitting around the campfire? Who will pass out in their chair around the campfire? Whos is the best web wheeler? Where is Howard? Who said they were coming and then backed out?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just dieing to go.

Don't know what trails we are running, but one will be firebreak five(rated 'most difficult', but seemed perty easy). Im guessing 2-3 groups(Phil?) Id lead one if any voulenteers were needed. Don't think any CJ's are coming, but may be wrong. We'll wheel something friday. Easy/Moderate/Most difficult trails. Id like to do at least one night run, anyone else? Im not staying that late on Sunday night, but we will see. Madmax is are going to run the at Crutchers.:D You may convince me, but Ill be a puss and back out. Hopefully no one breaks. Maybe Brian can show up the "big dogs", in his stocker. I was open both ends last time, did just fine, locked in the rear now. Short arms will more and likley be the majority of the group. RE. 31's and 4.56's. We'll prank call someone, maybe border patrol. I may pass out in the chair, like I almost did last time we went. Im the best web wheeler, according to Matt. :D Howard, well I don't know either. Don't know anyone who has backed out yet.

And I bet your dieing to wheel. It will be the first time since I found NAXJA, that I'll wheel with ya.

Im coming, because I need a vacation. Need to get away from it all, work, family, other friends, and have some fun. Need to improve the wheelin skills a bit too. It will be fun. :thumbup:

Last edited:
XJourney said:
My wife says I am like an 8 year but without the bedtime.:eeks1:

I can actually see her saying that!!!

I am more than happy to DEBATE any issue you guys want to debate. Short/Long, Open/Closed, airplane museums, etc.

My hope is to wheel Friday, Sat, and Sunday till whenever. I want to see the crushers (probably end up trying them, depending on the croud, spotters and other vehicles). I also want to try anything else there that is half way moderate.

My priority is to have a fun time with good friends, meet a bunch of others, and spend some quality time with my wife and kids. Phil, I agree, it is rare to find a group like this that you can enjoy wheeling and still let them talk in front of your children!!

Michael

Holy crap! I didn't expect to see anyone answer all of Hans questions in one post. You got my vote for web weelin king.

No locky here, But Not going to let that stop me:D Phone pranks while camping? sounds like fun.

XJLaredo said:
Holy crap! I didn't expect to see anyone answer all of Hans questions in one post. You got my vote for web weelin king.

No locky here, But Not going to let that stop me:D Phone pranks while camping? sounds like fun.

Yea Late night calls while wheeling is a NAXJA tradition. Of course the East Coast guys call out west at 12:00am their time which is 8:00pm ours, doesn't really work for them

I am shocked that someone answered all my questions truthfully. And the CJ thing is from last years NWF. We had a troublesome CJ in the group I lead.

And as far as lockers you don't need them, I kinda think they can remove the challenge at times. Of course saying that "I LOVE MY LOCKER AND LSD" Just ask Michael.

Last edited:
i checked the trail closures on the TSF site...does not look like much else has opened up since the pre run. that sucks! there are some great trails up there. oh well, hopefully there will be some surprise openings that they didn't have posted. i will try and call them again next week for an official update.

Browns Camp OHV Area
#4 Powerline Trail is temporarily closed in certain sections (T2N R5W section 31 & 32) and (T1N R6W section 2 & 3) to prevent further damage to the trail and to minimize erosion and impacts to water quality and to repair significantly damaged sections of the trail. Repairs are currently scheduled to take place when weather conditions permit. The trail will re-open when the repair work is complete. Respecting this trail closure will allow us to more quickly repair the damage and open the trail.

#14 Firebreak Five Trail. The top (south segment) of Firebreak Five is temporarily closed due to logging operations that are part of the Bill's Beaver Trap Timber Sale. The segment of trail that is closed is not sustainable and is being rerouted. A portion of the new reroute will be constructed by the timber sale contractor. The remainder of the reroute will be constructed by Oregon Department of Forestry after the timber harvest activity is complete. This segment of trail is not expected to re-open until spring or summer 2007. The Crushers Loops remain open and can be accessed from the top of the trail by continuing up Saddle Mountain Road and staying left until you reach the top of Firebreak Five.

#14 Firebreak Five Trail. The bottom (north segment) of Firebreak Five is temporarily closed for the winter season to protect the trail resource, prevent further trail damage and to minimize erosion and impacts to water quality. This segment of the trail will re-open in the spring.

#16d Airplane Hill Trail. A segment of the Airplane Hill Trail has been significantly damaged and is no longer sustainable. The damaged segment will need to be permanently closed and a new segment will need to be located and developed. Relocation work will take place in spring 2006. Construction of the new segment is currently scheduled to begin in fall 2006. The Oregon Department of Forestry will be working with local trail use clubs to locate and design the new segment. The trail will remain closed until the new segment has been constructed.

#18 Hogs Back Trail A segment of the trail has been significantly damaged and has been closed temporarily until the damaged section can be rebuilt. The section being rebuilt is ½ to ¾ of a mile long. The Oregon Department of Forestry has been working with local trail use clubs to repair the problem. The trail will re-open in late summer 2006. Respecting this trail closure will allow us to more quickly repair the damage and open the trail.

#24 Bates Road Trail is temporarily closed due to a logging operation that is part of the Helibates Timber Sale. The trail will be temporarily gated at the junction of Hwy 6 until the operation is complete. The trail will remain closed until the timber sale harvest activity is complete.

Edit: 7-up and can opener are a cpl that i did notice were open.

Last edited:
XJourney said:
"I LOVE MY LOCKER AND LSD" Just ask Michael.

WHO NEEDS STINKING LOCKERS!!!

Can I still say that?

Michael
PS. I am not a web wheeler. Just like the people on this forum who I know have similar interests to me, and trying to do MY part in giving back to those who have helped me.

From what we saw at the pre-run, I'm banking on groups like:

Slow and Easy
Fast
Hard and Fast

We're peeking at trails on Thurs/Fri beforehand to get an idea of what's open and what we're going to run. Not a whole lot of relatively difficult stuff out there from what I saw, but I know there are a few trails for a more experienced group to run. Besides, a more experienced group doesn't need to get out every 10 feet to take pictures or 'spot' each other. :) I think we could hammer all the groups out Friday night/Saturday morning once everyone's there.

Canopener said:
I think the trail reports get changed once a year. The last one was on there for a year. :)

I've been checking once a week since before the pre-run. Hasn't looked any different for a while. :scottm:

Canopener said:
I think the trail reports get changed once a year. The last one was on there for a year. :)

they seem to update the web page like once a month from what i have seen. but last time i called them before the pre run, like 2 weeks after the post, there were a lot of trails that were not on the web page. i think it was updated on August 4th. i will call this week for an official up date...cross yur fingers.

2xtreme said:
WHO NEEDS STINKING LOCKERS!!!

Can I still say that?

Michael
PS. I am not a web wheeler. Just like the people on this forum who I know have similar interests to me, and trying to do MY part in giving back to those who have helped me.

Just tell everyone that you are running opens both ends, That is my plan:scottm:

I wasn't calling anyone a webwheeler. Plus you are one of the longest standing PNW members.

So no one has answered what is Howard doing, NWFest won't be the same without him.

Ecksjay said:
From what we saw at the pre-run, I'm banking on groups like:

Slow and Easy
Fast
Hard and Fast
Those three groups sound good, strange but good. I guess I will go for fast or hard and fast.

Back