• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BLACK DEATH

Tyquan

NAXJA Forum User
I hydrolocked my motor a few weeks ago. Changed the oil three times. It burns oil when i really step on the gas. My question is why is my oil getting black soo quick now? im using 20w-50 Castrol GTX and a Firestone oil filter.​

At the very least, you scored the cylinder walls and fubar'd the rings. You are getting a ton a blowby into the crankcase, as well as oil is getting by the rings and causing the engine to smoke. It's time to get a new engine or do a overhaul.

Littlewhitexj said:
20w-50? Thats a little thick isnt it?

That's the least of the worries, might help with the condition the motor is in.

Yeah thats what i thought. I said to myself, my motor is pretty much fucked right now so why not use a thick motor oil to try and bring up my oil pressure. My oil pressure will run at 50psi when started and after it completly warms up, it will drop all the way down to 15psi. That sucks!

Last edited:
Don't have the green to stroke it but I'am looking for another 4.0. Hydrolocking an engine does suck. Before I hydrolocked it I thought $450.00 for an ARB snorkel was too expensive, but I guess not.

Tyquan said:
o im sorry...yeah thats right your damn jeep is older then iam. so shut ur mouth.:flame: CAUSE IM HOT LIKE FIRE! :flame:

Flamer!

Snap, Zing, Snap.

Back