• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where's the do-it-yourself lift link

kooter

NAXJA Forum User
I remember seeing a link or thread that showed some guy making a 3" or so lift out of black steel pipe to stack on top of the front springs. I done did searched it and found nuttin

any1 familiar with this?

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me wherever this thread might be. If he did that with the front springs, I can't imagine what he did with the rear.

i remember seein it. all the guy did was made a coil spacer out of pipe.

kooter said:
there was also a section how to change a tire using tire irons and a trick tire bead breaker tool.

like a high-lift jack under the bumper and a BFCB (big crow bar)??

google might be your friend. and i would highly advise you not to lift your jeep using a 3 inch pipe spacer.... Just looking out for your safety....and mine.

kooter said:
I don't DIY, my wife does it for me!

Besides, I was interested in the DIY tire removal tool the bloke used.

OUT
You don't need some fancy tool, especially for as little as you'd use it. If you ever find yourself stuck somewhere needing to take a tire off the rim, let all the air out of it and run the tire over as close to the lip of the rim as possible without actually running the rim over. If a 4000+lb Jeep can't break the bead on a tire...something's wrong...unless you have beadlocks!

Back