• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have a "plug in" license plate light

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a rigidco bumper with tire carrier and I have mounted my license plate inside the wheel. I was wondering if anyone has seen or purchased a simple light that would plug into my exisiting trailer light pigtail (4 connection) that I could use to illuminate my plate.

You could just buy a general purpose one-wire single trailer light. Splice a plug disconnect end to the wire that will mate up with he power wire on your harness, and ground the light/bracket to your tire/carrier.

^ just like he said. They make all kinds of simple, one wire license plate lights for trailers. I'm sure if you browse around you'll find something that you like. A plug-n-play light like you're talking about would probably pretty pricey, and is unlikely to even exist.

thanks for the replies, guess I'll go with doing the splice since it wouldn't be too hard......

When doing a lower volt/amperage situation such as what you describe, I'd be ok with a 'splice' approach. But with something like headlights or more, I'd seek another, 'more substantial' approach...

Either way, water is your enemy. (corrosion)

Back