• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Hinge Kits

micahrenfeldt

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought my first (hoping to be first) XJ and the drivers side door is coming off. I've been researching and found its a common problem and that chrysler created a kit to replace the door hinge without welding it, but what I cannot find is anyone that carries that part. I've tried online, dealers, body shops, no one has it or heard of it. It's like it never existed! If anyone could let me know where I could pick up chrysler part number 05083061AA it would be very helpfull to me and my safety, as I don't want to have my door fall off while riding down the freeway, offroading, etc.
Thanks

My hinges are cracked, previous owners just used some weird chemical to seal the cracks, didn't work that well though. I guess if my doors fall off going 70 down the highway, looks like I will be getting a different car. or a lambo kit

I already asked the dealer about it and they hadn't heard of the service bulletin. Oh well. I figure I'm just going to reweld it. We have a MIG welder @ work and I think that'll be sufficient.

what's the trick to rewelding the doors - tried to reweld it and it came loose in two months - do you have to rehang the whole door? or just weld it back in the same place again? - I don't know about you guys but that bottom hinge seems a little sprung - should I just get two hinges and reweld those?

a little help here

I had to reweld mine 3 times before I decided to get the kit and it was the best move I ever made. I took the TSB into the dealership and they got the part number from it and ordered it for me. Absolutely rock solid doors now with no creaks and I'm over 520 000km's on my Jeep...

Whew, I am very glad my 20 year old 88 XJ cancer victim/survivor (Rust Belt City here) did not have any hinge attachment issues.
Mine needed both back door lower hinge pins. I replaced the hinge pins with free 1/4-20 shoulder bolts of the allen/hardened kind, don't need no stinkin hinge pin kit.

Another 5 year old thread brought back.

At least people are SEARCHING!

Back