• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing fenders

Rangerman28

NAXJA Forum User
im removing the all the fenders today ive got all the 10 mm nuts off of the bolts and the fender doesnt seem to want to come off is the fender supposed to just come right off or do is there some bolts that i have missed?

ive done my searching and havnt found what i needed to know

thanks
scott

Scott,

The 10mm nuts are holdon the flares. to remove the fender there are bolts on the top,in the door opening and on the bottom. Also you will have to remove the header panal to get to the bolts on the front.

Good luck

Pigpen

There are two bolts under the Jeep at the rear of the front fender and at the front of the rear fender, other than that and the mentioned 10mm bolts it just slides out. The threads on the bolts from the fender bracket may be catching on the holes in the fender.

pry the bracket from the jeep gently with a flat head screw driver.

woops my bad i dont want to remove the whole fender just the fender flare sorry about that

the only thing holding the flares on are the bolts but i cant pull the flares off

Last edited:
Yea, I was guessing it was just the flares. On the top center stud there is a metal hanger that may be holding you up. Look carefully under the inner plastic liner. Oh, the flare is held on by three stud strips, front-top and rear. Also one screw on the bottom back and one screw on the bottom front + clipped on the lower "chin vallance"

tap on the studs lightly and pull on the flare at that spot and you should get things off.

Pigpen

Pigpen said:
Yea, I was guessing it was just the flares. On the top center stud there is a metal hanger that may be holding you up. Look carefully under the inner plastic liner. Oh, the flare is held on by three stud strips, front-top and rear. Also one screw on the bottom back and one screw on the bottom front + clipped on the lower "chin vallance"

tap on the studs lightly and pull on the flare at that spot and you should get things off.

Pigpen

yeah i figured it was just those little studs when my pops got home he took a look then just yanked the crap out of the flare and it popped off thanks for the help

Back