• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drop brackets

jeepcomj

NAXJA Forum User
I want to get a set of these. complete drop brackets with the reinforcement brackets as well.

this is gonna be a budget lift cherokee done right. if that makes any sense. but i have a set of high-arc HD rear springs from a 2005 E-van that are correct length from front to where axle sits, and back is longer so I can use boomerang shackles and gain some extra flex.

so, can you tell me pros and cons of the drop brackets, and I WTB a used set if anyone has them...

Search is your friend. :D

Drop brackets, IMO, aren't really needed on anything lower than 4.5" or so. So if you're planning on going lower than that, save the money for some "less budget" parts.

Ditto.

You haven't said how much lift you're going for, but you don't need them unless the lift is high enough. They will make the arm angles better, which is a good thing.

I searched for opinions. basically I put this here so someone who has one set laying around will let me know. trust me, if I only wanted information about them I wouldn't have posted this.

and I'm going to 4.5" with 31x10.50's. yes I know I can go bigger with that, but I don't need to.

I got an np208 transfercase for $200 so there's my SYE. the cherokee will get an engine/tranny swap from 4 cyl/ax5 to a 97 3.8 camaro with an ax15 trans and that np208. I have a dakota bellhousing for it

and yes, I know the np208 needs a 3/4" spacer as it's a long input shaft.

I could also have a 21 spline shaft machined for now...I have a family friend who is a machinest and he can weld and remachine the splines if need be (but I don't think I should lol)

jeepcomj said:
I searched for opinions. basically I put this here so someone who has one set laying around will let me know. trust me, if I only wanted information about them I wouldn't have posted this.

Wanted: Private Party Only Forum

jeepcomj said:
and I'm going to 4.5" with 31x10.50's. yes I know I can go bigger with that, but I don't need to.

What arms are you planning on using?

didn't know about the private party forum sorry.

stock control arms at the moment. I don't want to shell out half a grand right now since it will be getting a TNT longarm in the long run.

I run them as part of the RE 5.5" kit with 35s.

With 31s I can just see you getting hung up on them everywhere. 4.5" is way more then enough lift to run 31s, too much actually.

I know about the isues with the 31" tires. it actually wont be wheeled for awhile, right now I just want it up in the air so it doesn't look like sh*t with the built rear bumper/tire carrier etc.

as I say, budget. this will be an inexpensive lift to get me by until I get the TNT y-link/longarm setup, and then i'll be running 32's or 33's x9.50. gotta get the engine and tranny installed first, which won't be too hard since I've done this engine swap once already.

gregmondro said:
I run them as part of the RE 5.5" kit with 35s.

With 31s I can just see you getting hung up on them everywhere. 4.5" is way more then enough lift to run 31s, too much actually.

I ran drop brackets with 5" and 32's for a little over a year before going bigger, and never hung up on them.

jeepcomj said:
didn't know about the private party forum sorry.
That's why I pointed it out. :laugh3:

jeepcomj said:
stock control arms at the moment. I don't want to shell out half a grand right now since it will be getting a TNT longarm in the long run.
Ouch. IMO, with 4.5" of lift even with DBs you WILL need some adjustable arms (at least uppers), stockers ain't going to cut it. Your axle will be far out of wack running those. I'm sure some people have/are, but I personally wouldn't.

Which raises the question: Why not wait until you have the cash for the setup that you want to run? I sure wish I had done that the first time around.

*shrug*

I got nothin better to do lol.

well, besides part out 3 xj's, rebuild the frame on my 86 comanche (trackbar mount broke the frame in that vicinity), finish my snowmobile project (81 yamaha srx440 gone mod), oh, and do some homework....

You can still get the Trail Ready drop brackets, and use the RE support braces with them. The trail ready are around 1/2 the cost of the RE.

Call these guys up and ask about Just the lower and upper drop brackets.
http://rockymountainsusp.com/index.html

I have a much smoother ride with the DB's on now. Before, I would hit this one bump on the highway that would require me to hold on to the steering wheel with both hands if I didn't want to crash, now it literally feels like running over nothing.

Con's, last two times out I've hit the DB's on rocks. This was from the force of the body still going downwards after the tire came off the rock. I got out, checked, see the rock hit right below the bolt where the LCA mount, didn't damage the LCA's, and I was able to drive straight forward without hitting again.

Begster said:
Con's, last two times out I've hit the DB's on rocks. This was from the force of the body still going downwards after the tire came off the rock. I got out, checked, see the rock hit right below the bolt where the LCA mount, didn't damage the LCA's, and I was able to drive straight forward without hitting again.

Get stiffer shocks. :)

hman333 said:
i got a set of RE drop brackets and support braces for sale

how much?

Back