• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 SEAT BRACKETS

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change out my stock front seats. (there're damaged, oil stained, burned and my pax seats is worse. (jeep was repo'd and the lienee wreacked the interior) I got some aftermarket ones from someone but there is no way I can install them...(.too high)

I want to use stock jeep seats but i noticed that pre 98 seats have a totally differant bracket...so much that the 98 bracket/slider cannot be installed onto the seats.

Are 98+ XJ seats the only seats I can use the stock bracket on? Do any other jeep seats fit my 98 xj...do any Grand Chero's fit in an XJ? Can 98+ xj brackets fit other jeep seats so i may install them in my xj?.....I want stock jeep seats installed...please help

Cipey

Actually they changed the design of the bracket in '95. So any seat fron '95 to 01 will fit in your XJ. I oulled mine out and went with a set of Corbuea CR1 Racing seats and will never go back. I highly recommend them.

Ray

outlawjeep said:
Actually they changed the design of the bracket in '95. So any seat fron '95 to 01 will fit in your XJ. I oulled mine out and went with a set of Corbuea CR1 Racing seats and will never go back. I highly recommend them.

Ray

i have corbuea type seats i got from a buddy and used the adapter bracket from tellico, i go the seats in, but the bracket made the seat too high, i couldn't even get in..how did you do it?

Cipey

I bought the mount from Corbeau. It did raise the seat up about an inch but I oulled a few of the washers out, that is how they space the seat up to clear the transmission tunnel. SO I sat in it and it was to high so I called Corbeau and they tols me that it was ok to remove the washers until I could fit in and the seat still cleared the tunnel.

Now if you get the corbeau seats then you can order them with the seat foam shaved in that area for an extra fee. But their seats are very pricey. Don't get me wrong I love mine and would do it all over again but if you are working on a budget yhen they are probably not right for you.

Are your brackets ajustable at all? From the picture it looks like they might adjust some. Or maybe the down you can cut the bracket feet down and re-drill the holes for the mounting points? Can you post up a picture of the brackets and how they fit in?

Ray

power WJ seats are not a bolt in but I have heard that the none powered ones bolt up to the stock brackets

been checking out some other seat threads for some info and got a lot of good shite!

one question that needed answering was this....
have 1993 zj seats at a buddies in NH....before i drive there need to know if they will fit in my 98.....will my 98 xj brackets bolt onto the seats?

thanks

cipey

Back