• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper ATR

Jeepm@n

NAXJA Forum User
Ok before you guy's flame me for another tire thread I searched and have not found a thing about these tires. LOL. Anyways I'm limited greatly on cash and need new tires for my Heep. I do mostly highway driving with plenty of snow and ice covered roads. I will not do a ton of driving off-road other then maybe on the lakes for some ice fishing ,if we get the 18" of ice like last year. Are these a good tire for $100 a piece mounted at the Green Bay Fleet Farm? I just want a good safe tire that won't need replacing next year. P.S I drive only 5-8000 miles a year thanks to a company vehicle.
Are they going to be better then a Goodyear Wrangler APT ?

I just stepped on Cooper's website http://www.coopertires.com/Flash/index.aspx and they have the listing of attributes for each light truck tire. These overall scored better than any other LT tire they sell. The only tire better in Winter weather was their M+S snow tire, but that performed poorly elsewhere as can be expected.

I personally would buy Cooper tires, they may not have the best R&D or the finest material tech, but they aren't a rolling timebomb either. Good bang for the buck tires for the most part.

i have used cooper tires in alot of diffrent vehicles and right now i have there discorery stt on my xj. i love there tires and have a hard time choosing something else. check out there website and get a set you will like them.
mike

We put these tires on our work trucks. They do very well in our central New York winters. I've driven my 2WD F-250 along the length of a muddy corn field without much trouble. Tire wear seems to be pretty good too.

Cooper tire is a Untied States company, and made here in the U.S.A. to me that means a lot.
I just put on 4 brand new AST last night, (235.75.15 on bone stock XJ) and took the 89 straight to a muddy hole to break em in.
Did well thank you very much - well indeed.

After much looking and reading while you'll never read high high praise about cooper, nor will you find stacks of recalls like firestone.

The just work.

Back