• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finding rear defrost switch and washer line locations?

obaa996

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a '90 XJ sport which I've had since new, so I know all the places where it's been hacked :) I've been picking up various factory optional equipment from parts cars over the years (since mine was pretty stripped from the factory), and am finally getting around to putting them.
I'm currently trying to install a rear wiper/washer, rear defroster, and rewire my foglights to use the factory switch (looks nicer than the toggle I currently have).
The factory connectors and wiring for the foglights and rear wiper/washer are right where I expected them to be, bundled together along with the bulb sockets for instrument lighting. I plugged everything in, and it all seems to work (well, the wiper motor turns out to be seized up, and I can't disassemble the gear train, so I think I'll have to find another one). However, I can not find where the tubing for the rear washer line is in the engine compartment. I can see the line get tied into the wiring harness in the rear quarter panel, but it disappears into the car, and I can't find where it comes out in the engine compartment. Can someone where it should be popping out in the engine compartment (and if it looks the same as the tubing in the hatch, or if it has been joined to another line?)?
Also, I'm trying to wire in a rear defroster. I've already put in the glass and wired up the grid in the hatch. According to the factory manual, there should be a relay located somewhere under the dash, and I'm also expecting to find a switch connector to control the defroster; I figured it would be bundled up and left disconnected like the rear wiper wiring. However, I can not find anything which matches up to the switch (the switch I have is also out of a '90 XJ), nor can I find a relay harness with wiring that matches the schematic. Is there a separate harness which I should have taken that needs to be spliced into the main harness?

Thanks!

Search is my friend.. ;)
I found a post stating that the washer line was stubbed out somewhere under the driver side dash, and that a line has to be run out to the engine compartment. Still working on figuring out the other stuff...

Back